C H A P T E R 8

Trey's dorm was within walking distance of the party and the two of you held hands and made small talk as you walked. He was actually really nice, and you found yourself becoming more and more attracted to him. Soon, you were in his dorm, and you almost threw up at the sight of it. It was disgusting, a complete mess.

He chuckled, kicking a piece of trash to the side, "Sorry, it's a little messy." You pressed your lips into a smile, forcing a small laugh. "Wanna see my room?" He asked, and you really didn't, but you nodded your head anyway. Luckily, his room was at least a little cleaner, but not much.

"Soooo," Trey said after a while, standing right in front of you, "what do you wanna do?"

You bit your lip, thinking of how to answer that question. You really only came here to get Paige off your mind, and as bad as that sounded, all you really needed was some clear attention. Something that you didn't have to decipher, something that didn't stress you out. 

Shrugging, you responded to his question after wrapping your arms around his broad shoulders, "I don't know, what do you want to do?"

He smiled, picking you up and placing you on his bed. The two of you awkwardly began taking your clothes off, and you were beginning to immensely regret your decision. 

"Actually," you blurted out, halfway through taking your shirt off, "I have to go."

He scowled, "Why?"

You stood up, zipping your pants back up as you made up an excuse on the spot, "Uh, I have a lot of homework to do."

Trey grabbed you by the forearm, pulling you closer to him, "I don't want you to go," he stated firmly.

You furrowed your brows, sensing that the situation was about to get weird, "Um, well I'm sorry, but I really do have to go.'

"No, you don't."

"Trey," you removed your arm from his grasp, "I'm leaving," you spoke, more dominance in your voice this time as you inched closer to the exit.

"No, you're not," Trey replied, glaring at you.

"Yes, I am," you countered, matching his expression.

"I want you to stay."

"Well, I'm sorry, but I'm leaving," and with that he surprisingly let you leave, but you still had an eerie feeling as you quickly made your way back to your dorm. 

You sighed once you walked into your living room and jumped once you noticed everyone sitting on the couch.

"Jada, where have you been?" Evina scolded, getting up to hug you. Pulling away, she exclaimed, "You just randomly disappeared from the party, we thought you got kidnapped or something!"

Your face flushed red, "Oh, yeah, I'm fine." You spoke quickly, hoping to make a quick escape. Nika, though, had other plans. She walked towards you with her arms crossed, and you already knew she was onto you.

She smirked, "Who were you with?" Paige, who you hadn't even noticed was there until now suddenly began listening very intently to the conversation.

Your eyes dilated; you were not a very good liar. "Oh, no one," your voice cracked.

"Yes, you were!" Aubrey abruptly said. "I saw you leave with Trey!" Everyone gasped, instantly beginning to interrogate you.

"Did you sleep with him?" Christyn asked. In response, you just stared at her, panic present in your eyes. She gasped, taking that as a yes, "You did!"

"No, I didn't!" You quickly countered.

"Oh, you totally did," Liv giggled.

You locked eyes with Paige, and you had never seen her angrier. She stood up, stuffing her hands in the pockets of her hoodie and discreetly exiting the room while you desperately tried to explain what really happened.

Paige didn't even look at you for the rest of the summer.