C H A P T E R 15

The next morning, you were unpleasantly awoken with a text from Trey, which you now expected, but they were slowly getting more and more rattling.

Today's was: if you don't answer me i will kill u.

You set your phone back down on the nightstand, leaving the message unopened. Luckily, your attention was soon diverted to Paige, who had rolled over and wrapped herself around your waist. You smiled, entangling your fingers in her messy hair as she nuzzled her head into your stomach. A content smile came across her face and she softly yawned, causing you to chuckle at her cuteness.

"Paige," you whispered, kissing her head before continuing, "I have to get ready for class."

She groaned, holding onto you tighter and whining, "Don't go."

You smiled, sitting up, "I have to." Instead of letting go of you like you intended her to do, she curled up in your lap, her arms still wrapped around your waist. You laughed, "Paige, come on."

She sighed heavily, dramatically rolling over on her back, her arms splayed out above her head. You couldn't help the way your eyes glanced down to her boobs, and of course, Paige gave you a smirk, making your face flush red before you got out of the bed, going to get ready for the day.

Paige offered to drive you to class, also getting you breakfast and coffee on the way there. You insisted upon paying, but she refused, no matter how much the two of you argued about it. Pulling up to the building your class was being held in, Paige parked and placed a kiss on your cheek before letting you out of the car.

Butterflies fluttered throughout your stomach the rest of the day and you were counting down the minutes until you got to see Paige again. You found it hard to focus in class, your mind swimming with thoughts of her and only her.

Finally, it was time for practice, which you were excited for for many reasons. One, you got to play basketball, which is self-explanatory enough. Two, you got to see your amazing coaches and teammates, who you now considered your family and loved each and every one of them immensely. And of course, you got to see Paige, the girl who flipped your whole world upside down.

As you were getting changed for practice, your teammates filtered in, most tired from classes all day long. While you were putting your shirt on, Paige walked in, giving you a look that spoke for itself.

She came up behind you, whispering in your ear, "Damn, I missed you without your shirt on."

"I think you've seen me shirtless enough," you replied.

"Nah, I'll never get enough," she said, walking away without another word. However, she of course smirked at you every chance she got during practice.

This thing- or whatever was going on between you too felt so special, like something that was just for you and Paige.

Practice however was exhausting today, running a lot because of a bunch of missed layups at the beginning of the evening. Afterwards, Paige was very sweaty, and you certainly did not mind the way it made her body shine, highlighting all her muscles and curves.

Then, you and Paige held hands as you walked out of the locker room, swinging your arms with giddy smiles on your faces while you made your way to the parking lot. There was a comfortable silence between the two of you, the atmosphere soft and light. 

However, things quickly changed as you saw a tall figure angrily stalking towards the two of you. You immediately recognize who it was, and fear ripped through you. Paige quickly disconnected her hand from yours, scowling when she saw who it was.

"Can I talk to you?" Trey asks darkly.

Paige took a step away from you, stuffing her hands in the pockets of her hoodie as her expression impossibly darkened. However, you shot Paige a panicked look, causing her demeanor to instantly change.

"No, she's good," Paige said, standing taller as she looked straight at Trey.

Trey glared at her, "She can talk for herself."

"I know," Paige shrugged.

"Ok then let her."

"I said she's good," Paige replied harshly.

Trey stepped closer to her, "Mind your own business then."

"This is my business."

He scoffed, "Says who?"

"Me."

"What is your problem?" He yelled, getting angrier and angrier.

She rolled her eyes, "You, dumbass." Trey suddenly closed the distance between the two of them, looking as if he was about to get violent. Before you could do anything about it, Paige pushed him backwards, saying firmly, "Back the fuck up." You had only heard her swear in one another situation (not including during sex), and she was mad, so you decided it would be best to stop whatever was going on quickly.

You grabbed her arm, pulling her out of the building and to her car, not looking back at Trey. She slammed the door as she got in the driver's seat, throwing her stuff in the back, immediately putting her seatbelt on and swerving out of the parking lot, and she didn't speak to you until several minutes later.

She was stopped at a red light, and without looking at you asked, "Do you still like him?"

At that moment, you wanted to tell her everything. How you never even liked him that much in the first place, and how the whole time you were with him you were thinking about her, and how you called things off and he started being creepy and threatening you.

Hesitating before continuing, you decided not to tell her, instead stating, "No, of course not, I never even liked him in the first place."

She glanced at you out of the corner of her eye, looking at you suspiciously. "You promise?" She said, quieter this time, her tone much more vulnerable.

"I promise Paige," you replied genuinely, leaning over to peck her cheek.