CH 10 (1)

Meeting Gin

Dr. Bolt

Fecal bacteria, Hepatitis, E. coli, Salmonella, shigella, staphylococcus- all colonized by the thousand- no billions yet, people dared to place their bare behind directly on top of them. Dr. Bolt wasn't as mindless as that, toilet seats had to be covered before they were used.

"I need more." Dr. Bolt muttered as he tugged the toilet paper in his hands. It was five squares, all that was left in the roll. "How am I supposed to work with this?" The strip ripped in half.

"Dammit!" Dr. Bolt crushed both ends in his hands. It was too early in the morning to deal with this.

He turned away from the toilet, coat swishing behind him like a cape. A strip of at least twenty squares to cover the toilet, and another strip of ten to clean the bum. These were essentials. He opened the cabinet under the sink. How could people go by without the proper amount of toilet paper? After finding nothing but cleaning supplies, he stood and raised his finger. Critter landed on it.

"Critter, I can't calculate the exact time we have left, but it's limited. Every inch of this place needs to be searched. I need you to scout from the air while I search the cabinets and closets." Understanding the weight of the situation, Critter gave a curt nod and flew from his finger.

Once Dr. Bolt finished searching the closets and the single drawer in the bedroom, he moved on to the kitchen cabinets. There weren't many, only enough to fit in the small space, but it felt endless. "There isn't enough time." He muttered as he searched through them. Dr. Bolt gasped as his intestines clenched together, making a deep gurgling sound. Desperately, he flung the door of the last cabinet, and found it empty.

He dropped to the ground from stress. Just as he was contemplating on widening what could be considered as a substitute, he spotted a tissue paper box under the sofa. It was enough to qualify.