𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

Miles POV.
𝐀𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐕, 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐦.

"Hola mami" I said putting the phone to my ear.

"Mijo are you sitting right now?" She said in a shaking voice.

"Yes, why? Did something happen?" I said looking at Aaliyah who has a sense of worry on her face as a breaking news report showed on the screen of the TV.

"Breaking new tonight. A man by the name of Aaron Davis has been shot fatally 15 times in his Brooklyn flat at 5:45 this afternoon. We are unaware why he has been killed, but when the apartment was searched we've found evidence that he was the prowler.

Aaliyah gasped and immediately turned to me, tears in her eyes. I just sat there the phone dropped from my ear and on the floor as I started bawling. Aaliyah hugging me as we both cried. It was like a never ending waterfall of tears.

"How could this happen Aaliyah....?" I said throwing all my body weight on her.

"I don't know baby. I don't know." She said kissing my cheeks and rubbing my back.

"But what I do know is that we're gonna plan him a beautiful funeral, and we're going to give him to the police station and ask some of the people that worked with your dad to investigate." Aaliyah looked at him deep in his eyes with a sense of love and compassion

"What if they investigate me? Or even find out I helped with being prowler? Or even arrest me for helping Arron?" I stood up pacing around the room.

"We don't need to think about all of that right now. And if they do call to investigate,  what your father would have wanted is to tell the police the truth, right?"

Aaliyah was making a good point, I need to make sure that I'm focusing on the moments for right now. I need to bring uncle Aaron to justice.

"Yeah, that's all I need to worry about right now."

I hugged Aaliyah as went let out a few more tears before getting ready for bed so tomorrow we have a full day of planning, grieving and total realization. It was gonna be a hard day for Miles and his loved ones.

The next day...

Aaliyah POV

As I slightly started to shift in my sleep and wake up by I felt miles arm holding on to me for dear life. I turn to look at him and see the dried tears on his face and slight puffiness around his eyes. Aaliyah never saw such a vulnerable and soft side of Miles, though it made her heart shatter, she knows it's best for him to build up strong wall to protect his fragile heart.

I tried to moved his arms from my waist so I could try to make Rio, him, and myself something to eat since we had a rough night.

"Where are you going?" He asked with a congested nose and a raspy voice

"Im just going to make us food baby, you need some sleep my love. I'll wake you up when the food is done" I grabbed Vaseline rubbed it on his and my lips, gave him a small kiss, took my phone and walked downstairs.

To my surprise rio was already downstairs drinking a coffee and staring at a picture frame.

"Hola Mama Rio" I walk over to her and place a kiss on her cheek like I always do, but now it feels different and the house felt quite.

"Hola Mija how did u sleep? How's my little mijo?"

"I slept alright, Miles was just tossing and turning trying to just but he's calmer now and he's sleeping" I said as I whipped up some pancakes and bacon along with some fruit.

Me and Rio stood there chatting with some lofi music in the background until we heard foot steps come down the stairs. Eventually Miles walked around the corner into the kitchen.

"Hola Mama" he gave her a kiss on the cheek and big hug

"Ohh mijo, good morning" they hugged for about two minutes and it was the sweetest thing, miles melted in his mother's arms like a baby.

"Good morning my love" he came over to me as I cooked hugging me around my waste

"Good morning, you both can go sit the food will be done in a few minutes" Rio nodded and went to sit at the dining table.

"Okay, I love you mami." He grabbed my  chin and turned it towards his and gave me a kiss before sitting at the table with his mom.

This grieving is gonna be tough on us all.