Chapter twelve

Miles POV:

It's been a week since the passing of Uncle Aaron and today is the day of the funeral. Aaliyah went back to her dorm room since her friends were looking for her and she needed to go to some classes, I've been rotting away in my bed and journaling. Aaliyah told me it was a good way to process everything that's been going on. It's been helpful.

Since she isn't at my house we've been falling asleep on the phone together and just talking about random things so I could get my mind off of what's been going on lately. It's been really nice. Now I don't even know when I'm gonna go back to school but it'll happen eventually.

"Miles we gotta be early let's go!!" My mom said

"Okay I'm coming, hold up" I made sure my tie was tight and my shoe laces were tied. I grabbed my phone, headphones, and keys before running down the stairs. Then I got a text message on my phone.

Mami💋
Hey I'll be at the service
in about two minutes my love

Okay be safe❤️
Yk I will😽❤️

As we pulled up to the service I saw Aaliyah standing at the front talking to one of my aunts, i already know it's bout to be one hell of a day.

At the end of the service....

I cried. Like a lot. So now I just wanna sit in my bed, cry a little more, take a nap, then go eat something.

I walked into my room and just flopped on my bed until Aaliyah walked in and was rubbing my back which was nearly putting me to sleep. Then I heard the door bell ring.

"Miles it's for you." My mom said as I rolled my eyes, dreading the fact I had to get up.

"Coming" Aaliyah followed behind me.

"Hey Miles"

"Hey M"

It was Ganke and Andre. I haven't see them in ages it feels like and it nearly brought me to my knees. I immediately hugged the two of them and was brought to tears. I was a freaking emotional wreck, like it wasn't even funny. I brought them up to my room so I could just talk to them.

"What have yall been up to? Don't mention the funeral, Aaron or anything that has to do with it, I wanna know what you guys have been doing." I genuinely didn't wanna talk about it anymore.

"Well, I got with Nevah, we went on a date last week. I really fuck with her." Ganke stated with a smile he couldn't hold back.

"Oh yeah, Nevah told me about that. She really likes you Ganke. She always has." Aaliyah said as she fiddled with my hand.

"That's great Ganke, it finally happened" I dapped him up.

"You held up your end of the three man Dre?"

"Oh fo sho, come on now. Serenity been fine asl"

We all laughed an just talked for hours about anything, I haven't felt this distracted in ages. I really needed this.

A month later...

As I was awoken by a call on my phone, it said
911. The day I was dreading finally was coming. Aaliyah slightly shifted in her sleep.

"Hello?"

"Hi is this Miles Morales?" The lady on the other line said

"Yes, how can I help you?"

"Well I'm running the investigation on you Uncle, and I was just wondering if you could come in today for some questions?"

"Yeah sure what time" I said feeling a little nervous.

"At 4 if possible,"

"Yeah sure"

"Perfect thank you, we'll see you later." She said.

"Okay."

I hung up the phone and kinda just sat in my feelings.

"Who was that baby?" Aaliyah said with her eyes still closed.

"The police, I have to go in for questioning."

—————————————————————————

Well, an emotional roller coaster yall. Gonna go cry, bye.