ii . . . father dearest

🏹 | CASTLES CRUMBLING ₊˚ପ⊹

. ‧₊˚⋅🗝️  a c t  o n e ━━━━━━ titan's curse
chapter two . . . father dearest

ARTEMIS ASSURED THE GROUP THAT DAWN WAS coming, but it was colder, darker and snowier than ever. Up on the hill, building's windows were completely lightless.

The Hunters broke camp as quickly as they'd set it up. Estella stood shivering in the snow only wearing an old winter jacket, and Artemis stared into the east probably waiting for her brother.

Bianca sat off to one side, talking with Nico.

Thalia and Grover came up and huddled around Percy, leaving Estella alone with her hands in her pockets.

Finally the sky began to lighten. Artemis muttered, "About time. He's so-o-o lazy during the winter."

"You're, um, waiting for sunrise?" Percy asked, his lips pressed into a line.

"For my brother. Yes." Artemis said. "It's not exactly as you think," she went on.

"Oh, okay." Percy looked like he started to relax. "So, it's not like he'll be pulling up in a—"

There was a sudden burst of light on the horizon. A blast of warmth.

"Don't look," Artemis advised. "Not until he parks."

Estella averted her eyes, but had a frown on her face. The light and warmth intensified until her winter coat felt like it was melting off of her. Then suddenly the light died.

A scarlet red convertible Maserati Spyder. It was glowing because the metal was hot. The snow had melted around the Maserati in a perfect circle, so that the grass was visible and Estella's socks were now wet.

The driver got out, smiling. He looked about seventeen or eighteen.

"Wow," Thalia muttered. "Apollo is hot."

"He's the sun god," Percy said.

"That's not what she meant." Estella told him briskly before ignoring Thalia's apology.

"Little sister!" Apollo called. If his teeth were any whiter he could've blinded everyone without the sun car. "What's up? You never call. You never write. I was getting worried!"

Artemis sighed. "I'm fine, Apollo. And I am not your little sister."

"Hey, I was born first."

"We're twins! How many millennia do we have to argue—"

"So what's up?" he interrupted. "Got the girls with you, I see. You all need some tips on archery?"

Artemis grit her teeth. "I need a favor. I have some hunting to do, alone. I need you to take my companions to Camp Half-Blood."