v . . . we sneak out on a quest

🏹 | CASTLES CRUMBLING ₊˚ପ⊹

. ‧₊˚⋅🗝️ a c t o n e  ━━━━━━  titan's curse
chapter five  .  .  .  we sneak out on a quest

WHEN ESTELLA SNUCK OUT OF APOLLO CABIN, Percy was surprisingly already up and awake. He didn't seem to be the kind of guy who woke up early but the more you know.

The two met at the top of half-blood hill, watching as the camp's van drove off and disappeared down the farm road.

"What are we supposed to do now? We can't just run." Percy stated the obvious.

"I told you the plan was stupid, water boy." Estella crossed her arms over her chest.

Then they heard the beating of huge wings. A pegasus landed next to them. He began casually nuzzling a few tufts of grass that stuck through the ice.

"Yeah. Let's fly." Percy said out of the blue. He noticed Estella furrowed brows and said, "My dad created the horse which in turn means that a can speak to them."

"Cool." Estella muttered.

Percy helped Estella onto the pegasus' back. He sat in front while Estella held onto his waist.

In the mean time, while flying, Percy explained to the brown eyed girl about his talk with Nico earlier that morning, the conversation he had over heard with Zoe and Bianca but had left out the cow-serpent creature.

The thing about flying on a pegasus during the daytime is that if you're not careful, you can cause a serious traffic accident on the Long Island Expressway. Percy had to keep Blackjack up in the clouds, which were, fortunately, pretty low in the winter. They darted around, trying to keep the white Camp Half-Blood van in sight. And if it was cold on the ground, it was seriously cold in the air, with icy rain stinging my skin.

They lost the van twice, but Estella had a pretty good sense that they would go into Manhattan first, so it wasn't too difficult to pick up their trail again.

Traffic was bad with the holidays and all. It was mid morning before they got into the city. Percy landed Blackjack near the top of the Chrysler Building and he and Estella watched the white camp van, thinking it would pull into the bus station, but it just kept driving.

"Where's Argus taking them?" Percy muttered.

"Which girl?"

  "Zoe?"

Percy then explained to Estella that apparently Zoe was driving the van and not Argus. She wondered if what would happened if they ever got pulled over by cops. Did Zoe have a drivers licence?

They were about to leap off the Chrysler Building when Blackjack whinnied in alarm and almost threw the two. Something was curling around Estella leg like a snake. Percy reached for his sword, but when they looked down, there was no snake. Vines—grape vines—had sprouted from the cracks between the stones of the building. They were wrapping around Blackjack's legs, lashing down Estella ankles so they couldn't move.