iv . . . plan

🏹 | CASTLES CRUMBLING ₊˚ପ⊹

. ‧₊˚⋅🗝️  a c t  o n e ━━━━━━ titan's curse
chapter four . . . plan

THE ORACLE DIDN'T WALK BACK TO THE ATTIC OF the big house. Instead, Grover and Percy were elected to carry her. Thalia told Estella to go help them. She figured the raven haired girl was a bit frustrated that Estella didn't do anything to stop Percy during capture the flag.

"Watch her head!" Grover warned as the three went up the stairs. But it was too late.

Bonk! Percy whacked her mummified face against the trapdoor frame and dust flew.

"Ah, man." He set her down and checked for damage. "Did I break anything?"

"No one will notice anyways." Estella sighed.

They hauled her up and set her on her tripod stool, all three huffing and sweating. Who knew a mummy could weigh so much?

Estella hope for the oracle to speak to her. Tell her anything that might give her a hint about her poem. But as she expected, nothing was said.

Percy and Grover seemed to be relieved when they finally got out of there and slammed the attic door shut.

"Well," Grover said, "that was gross."

"What will Chiron do?" Percy asked Grover.

"I wish I knew." He looked wistfully out the second-floor window at the rolling hills covered in snow. "I want to be out there."

"Searching for Annabeth?" Estella asked. " I want to too."

He had a little trouble focusing on the two half-bloods. Then he blushed. "Oh, right. That too. Of course."

"Why?" Percy asked. "What were you thinking?"

He clopped his hooves uneasily. "Just something the manticore said, about the Great Stirring. I can't help but wonder... if all those ancient powers are waking up, maybe... maybe not all of them are evil."

"You mean Pan." Estella said. Percy looked at her, a bit confused on how she knew everything.

"I've let the trail go cold," Grover said. "I feel restless, like I'm missing something really important. He's out there somewhere. I can just feel it."

Before anyone could respond, Thalia tromped up the stairs. She was officially not talking to Percy now, but she looked at Estella and said, "Tell Percy to get his butt downstairs."

"Why?" Percy asked.

"Did he say something?" Thalia asked Estella.

"Um, he asked why."

"Dionysus is calling a council of cabin leaders to discuss the prophecy," she said. "Unfortunately, that includes Percy."

—🗝️—