Chapter 15

I sat in the classroom, using my finger to push my pencil forward before waiting for it to roll back down then pushing it to roll back up again waiting for class to begin, a bored look dancing in my gaze. I felt a tap on my shoulder, looking at Jay who was pointing in a direction causing my brow to furrow, "What the .." Walking into the classroom was none other than Daniel who walked with confidence.

He pulled out his chair sitting down, shoving one hand in his pocket, draping his other arm behind his chair. He then lifted his leg, placing his ankle on his knee almost looking like a semi criss-cross. "Hey, wassup?" Daniel welcomed as Zack walked into the classroom, spotting Daniel as confidence oozed off him. "Goodmorning." Daniel added as Zack continued to stare at him confused.

"Uh, yeah. Sure." Zack responded, looking at Daniel up and down, before glancing in my direction to which I returned with a confused look of my own shrugging.

"What's for lunch?" Daniel questioned, that when I smelt it, causing me to raise a brow as the scent of alcohol washed over my nose.

"No idea." Zack answered, his shoulders tensing as an annoyed expression took over his confused look. He then plopped down in the seat right next to Daniel as our classmates began whispering about Daniel, complementing his clothes. Jay smiled as he rested his chin on his hand looking out the window.

"He's drunk." I grumbled, trying to figure out how he even got drunk along with who forced him. Jay whirled around looking at me before looking at Daniel with worry, "I'm sure he's fine, although his confidence might get ahead of him." I then turn back over hearing the sound of a hand hitting the desk, seeing Daniel having a hand on Crystal's desk leaning over her as he gives her a smile.

Crystal and I haven't talked since I met her twin, or supposed twin anyway, I'm still not fully convinced myself. It might be childish, sure, but I tell her everything, even my darkest secrets, yet she couldn't tell me she had a sister? Crystal tried a couple times and even tried calling me, but I really didn't want to hear her excuses at the time. She glanced back towards me as I watched the two like a hawk, she then stood up and walked out of the room, seeming annoyed by Daniel.

Jay then stood up after getting something out of his bag, walking over to Daniel offering it to him. I let out a sigh as I stood up as well, walking past Zack saying, "Keep an eye on Daniel."

"I'm not his mom." Zack groaned, his head laying on his arms, his eyes watching Daniel's every move.

I walked out of the classroom, looking around for a moment to see Crystal standing by the window looking out of it, seeming lost in thought. I walked over, standing beside her which seemed to have caught her attention as she looked at me in surprise. "You're ... not mad at me anymore?" Crystal questioned, hope seeming to gleam in her eyes.

"No, I still am." I responded, causing Crystal's head to droop as her gaze casted down to her feet. "But I am ready to listen now." Crystal perked up as the words left my mouth, looking up at me seeming hesitant.

"I ..." Crystal looked back out the window, seeming to be searching for the right words. A sigh left her lips, "My sister was ..." She stopped herself again as I raised a brow, was it a really difficult topic to discuss, did her sister bully her? Her brows furrowed as she seemed to contemplate something long and hard. "My sister has been and still is very sick, she's also allergic to the sun and can't be in sunlight for long periods of time. We thought she would've died at a very young age." She finally explained, however it felt like a lie for some reason, as if she wasn't giving me the real truth. However, it was a very plausible story.

"Why haven't you told me then?" I questioned, looking at her with a hurt look.

"I ... you had a lot of stuff going on and I didn't want to worry you." Crystal replied, casting her eyes down with a guilty expression.