Chapter 19

A young, middle school (Y/N) cried in her room, dried blood decorating her arms as a bamboo stick decorated in a rusty color fell in front of her. She pulled her knees up to her chest as she buried her face in her arms, the shadows in the room threatening to swallow her whole as she herself tried to blend in with the shadows, to make herself unseen. "You are a disgrace of a woman." Her father's voice growled as he stomped out of the room slamming the door closed behind her causing her to flinch.

After a few minutes the door opened again as quiet footsteps made their way towards her. "(Y/N)?" A boy's voice questioned her as she felt someone sit beside her. His gaze shifted from her to the ripped up anatomy book that lay scattered about on the ground. "So dad found out huh." He mumbled as he took one of her arms gently looking over it for a few moments.

"I just ... didn't expect him to be back so soon." (Y/N) sniffled as she lifted her head a little to look at him. "Much less come bursting into my room." She added looking down at the book herself.

"Does he know you can actually learn the technique?" Damon questioned, lifting one knee, resting his arm on top of it as he sat down beside her.

(Y/N) shook her head, using the back of her hand to wipe away the snot, "No ... he does not. Although I'm sure he suspects it being a possibility." She stated as she crawled over to the book, beginning to pick up the pages that could be salvageable.

Damon nodded to himself, "That's probably the best." He said as he watched his sister continue to pick up the papers. "Have you perfected the technique?" He questioned further as he stood up grabbing the bamboo stick off the ground.

"It's impossible when I don't have an actual person to practice on." (Y/N) replied with a roll of her eyes as she shoved the papers back inside the book before closing it and sliding it underneath her bed.

"Well dad did say he was bringing someone from Japan to help further my training along with making good relations with the Yakuza." Damon stated as he twirled the bamboo stick around.

"And?" (Y/N) questioned turned to look at him with a blank look. She flinched back a little as he pointed the bamboo stick centimeters from her nose.

"And that means you get a test subject." Damon added with a smirk. "Someone from the Yakuza can't be that great a person ... so if you end up killing them by accident it won't weigh on your conscience, since you won't use me as a test subject." He said with a roll of his eyes as he pulled the bamboo stick away from her face before leaning it against his shoulder.

She thinks for a moment before saying, "That isn't a bad idea. I think this is the first time you actually used your brain cells." She stated ignoring the hurt look on her brother's face as she snatched the bamboo stick from his hands.

"Hey! I use them all the time actually!" Damon exclaimed as he glared at (Y/N) lunging forward before skidding to a stop just a hair away from the bamboo stick.

"Do you really think so?" (Y/N) questioned as a smirk danced on her lips.

"Are you picking a fight with me?" Damon questioned with an agitated look in his eyes.

"I don't know, am I?" She questioned in response her smirk widening.

He then cracked his knuckles, "You are so going down today."

She twirled the bamboo staff before stopping it as she held it at her side, "You said the exact same thing yesterday."

*******************************