Lie Detector Test {Nick & Matt}

Matt Sturniolo's eyes leave his eldest brother's face, darting away from where Nick's been hooked up to polygraph equipment. It looks like a lot Matt can't say he's exactly looking forward to when he'll have to take it. From what he knows John records pulse, respiration, and a number of other things to accurately get their answers. He'd assumed he'd be exempt from it given that anxiety tends to from what he's heard mess with the results, screwing them to the point where they weren't always accurate. He's still taking it though supposedly he's going to after Nick, Chris had already taken the test.

In turn, his eyes trail over to the youngest. He catches the other right before Chris becomes enraptured in speaking. That one glimpse he gets of his brother however says enough, he knows the younger's about to do something mischievous, about to say something he won't like. On edge for what it is Matt waits.

''Last one,'' Chris amends, Nick nods in acknowledgment of the comment. Waiting for the final piece of Nick's test. ''Do you love me more than you love Matt?'' Chris asked, and there was that harmless tilt to his brother's voice.

Against his best efforts, Matt winces. The tone used sounds teasing and unserious even to his own ears, he knows the youngest means for it to be. Understands that there's no valid reason for him to grow as defensive as he is. At the second, however, It doesn't feel that way. Listening to Chris speak It feels improper, the tone of voice sounding mismatched for the question that'd been asked. Astounded Matt's mouth harshly cracked shut hard enough that his jaw ached. Nonetheless, he found himself growing silent. The eldest's ever-watchful eyes on him go unnoticed.

He wondered why the younger had to ask such a brutal question. One with such an obvious answer, Chris had to of known the reply that'd be given. Matt himself knows what it'll be.

Ultimately his thoughts induce Matt into finding his voice. He swallows against the sudden lodge in his throat. Finding it more difficult than it should be.

''Chris,'' Matt hissed out. Gaining the brunette's attention, the rebuke gains Nick's as well. As an afterthought, he hurriedly hurls an arm out to whack at his younger brother's chest in irritation. From beside him, Chris takes the blow barely acting surprised. Presumably foreseeing this happening. Instead, Chris merely scoffed back at him entirely more than willing to return the gesture. He barely feels the jab the younger sends back at him. Although he does cross his arms around his chest so Chris can't get a cheap shot in later.

''Hey, what'd you hit me for, you doofus?''

Incredulous Matt retorts.

''Don't be stupid, you know what it was for!''

Innocently Chris looks at him. about ready to protest before choosing to abandon the idea, grinning easily instead.

''Fine, fine, you're right still don't be like that I was just asking,'' Chris defended before chuckling lightly. ''That's what we're here for,''

Temperamental Matt shook his head at the awaited response, he couldn't deny that. They were here for exactly that purpose - hell, if they were ever to want to ask anything it might as well be now. He just wished it hadn't been a question like that that Chris had taken it upon himself to ask.

With nothing better to do all he could do was wait for Nick to reply. Matt's head turned to look at the elder, a gentle uneasy smile painting his face. A growing feeling of trepidation struck him. Matt Sturniolo imagined that he must look like the literal depiction of insecurity right now. His face flushed in shame.

Yes, Nick's going to say yes, Matt thought.

Only Nick doesn't, doesn't quite say anything for a long minute. The seconds without an answer tick by unhurriedly, too slowly.

♡︎ Matt Sturniolo Centric One-Shots ♡︎जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें