Of Shattered Glass & Break-Ins {Nick, Chris & Matt}

It'd started off small, Nick and Chris had been out together one night. They hadn't thought anything of it, Matt had a headache at the time and hadn't wanted to go. It was only some time once they'd gotten back that Chris began noticing slight things here and there that were off about his brother, his brother had always had these oddities that made Matt, Matthew Sturniolo. He tried not to look too far into it, until he had too. Because Matt flinching away from just about everything that moved, compulsively locking doors, fretting over a broken glass was unusual even for his brother. Chris had to say.

The suspicion didn't start growing until he and Nick had just gotten home from hanging out, Chris had been the first one to step foot through the door. Nick was falling far behind, most likely wouldn't even be inside for a minute or so. As soon as he'd stepped into the living room Matt was there. Already swarming him with questions.

''Wait,'' Matt started, the elder's tone profound and grave. Pupils dilated in what he can only describe in relation to fear. It throws Chris off guard. There was nothing for Matt to be afraid of, the brunette had been here alone after all.

''What, what's up?''

The triplet's eyes grow shifty, not meeting Chris's own as he stares intently at the other.

''You locked the door when you got back, didn't you?''

In reply, Chris blinked. Never having so urgently been asked that before, he takes the elder's response. Tries to remember whether he had or not.

''Are you even listening, Chris, use your ears. Did you lock it, yes or no?''

Vexation pokes at him at Matt's insistence, it's not the first time it will.

''Dude, calm down I'm pretty sure, at least I think I did, why?'' Matt tensed. Already up and about checking the front door. Chris's eyes follow his brother's form in a stupor. ''Was I supposed to leave it unlocked for Nick or somethin'?''

''No, Nick's got his key. And I'm not worried about it,'' Matt renounces. ''I was just making sure, you both always forget to lock it,''

Chris smiles smugly.

''Which is why we have you so that you can do it for us,''

In retort Matt's eyes rolled halfheartedly, still looking saddled under whatever Matt isn't telling him. There's a slight movement that his brother makes and then Chris hears the sound of the lock clicking.

''It wasn't locked by the way,''

''Okay,''

It's unfathomable to Chris that that's only touching the tip of the ice of Matt's abnormal behavior, that it's only the beginning. Chris hasn't seen anything yet, neither has Nick.

______

Later, they'd convinced Matt to drive them for food, coercing the other into sharing their same cravings. In turn, they'd been headed to Taco Bell, attempting to make it there before the eatery closed. It didn't leave them much time at all.

Matt drove, Chris finding himself in the passenger seat. Nick takes residence in the backseat of the car watching TikToks. Upon reaching a stop light Matt's eyes shortly fell to upon Matt's phone. With nothing of his own interesting him at the moment Chris's own azure hues follow the movement. Thereafter flicking to his brother's phone thoughtlessly. Although the screen dims to black before he can even eavesdrop. Matt's reaction gives him enough information,

''Oh no,'' Matt mumbles, abandoning the device and gripping at the steering wheel. The traffic light flashes to green. Suddenly, whatever had been on Matt's phone changes the whole track of their destination, his brother was no longer headed for Taco Bell.