Better {Chris, Nick & Matt}

Matthew Sturniolo should've been home hours ago, he shouldn't only just now be stepping through the front door of his home. He knows it, and his brothers most definitely know it.

''Hey you,'' A censorious voice started up. It revved at him, bitter and accusing, the exact moment he'd entered through the front door. He cringes.

Admittedly he hated being treated as though he'd been caught doing something wrong, hated being treated like an unkempt ornery child that'd done something wrong. And that's exactly what he felt like. How could he not when the two words alone had sounded agitated, tense, and unpromising to him? And it's not even just that either, it's the fact that Matt knows his brothers, knows Nick. He Isn't inexperienced with any matter that has to do with either of them, isn't naive enough by a longshot not to know that there's more of his brother's anger to come. He's expectant of it.

As he'd said before, he's figured his brothers out, he knows the eldest of them maybe more than anyone. It's why he knows that Nick isn't done, that Nicolas hasn't sputtered out all that the elder felt he needed to. And to Matt's credit, he meets his brother with indifference, had only originally faltered for a second upon hearing the triplet's voice. But otherwise, he'd remained moving, pushing past Nick, past the one responsible for that voice all in one motion. Nicolas doesn't instantly react, too surprised by his brush-off.

He didn't want to face his brother head-on or deal with any of this. But he couldn't say he hadn't thought this would happen.

Truth is, he had, he could say that he'd expected this, had foreseen the possibility of his elder brother confronting him on why he'd been out so late. Both of them had seen this conversation coming about beforehand seeing as he'd been coming home later and later by the night. Still, despite seeing it coming ahead of time, Matt fought the urge in himself to freeze, his plastic grocery sacks gripped tightly in his hands.

''Where the fuck've you been, Matt?'' Nick pestered once more as Matt pushed past that previous impulse. Making his way into the house. The eldest of course trailed behind him, always persistent, and always watchful whenever Matt happened to stay out late.

The elder never let up on him or the subject even as Matt made his way into the living room. Nick's expression hardened, frustration at being blatantly ignored only doubling until the oldest acted on it.

''Hellooo' asshole it's me, you know Nicolas, your brother. Talking to you,'' Having enough Matt dropped the bags carelessly. Evoking a reaction of surprise from his triplet, then he reeled around, he turned to look at the other as Nick went on. ''What you just don't think you need to check in or what?''

No, he didn't need to check in Matt thought he was a grown man, after all, didn't matter if he was merely twenty. It was still old enough for him not to feel obligated to check-in.

He didn't say as such to Nick though. It wasn't even worth it, Matt told himself. Granting a pointed look of frustration at his brother before he went to walk away. Forgotten grocery sacks strewn beside the couch. They stayed there, the plastic bags sagging dejectedly, Matt didn't care. He would've left if it weren't for his brother seeming so set against it.

''Matt! You see my lips moving? Yeah, that'd be because I'm talking to you,''

Matt's first few words aren't soft even as he struggles to force them out, he grounds them out.

''Stop yelling at me, what? What do you want from me, Nick? I literally just stepped in the door,''

''I know that, if you'd of just listened you'd know that too. So where were you?''