(Always) Loved {Chris & Matt}

There was once a time,
When they loved me
And I loved them.

The Sturniolo Triplets we were,
That love we had for each other
Connected us, in this chaotic, lonely world.

That love between us..
It was a fact,
Solideable and definite.
It was unquestionable even.

I never went without doubt of their love for me, and mine for them.

That's all changed though
Hasn't it?
We're no longer close,
We argue, our bond is shaken.
It crumbles beneath me
And I wonder at times
If there's anything left.
Our bond's not as solid, as definite as it once was.

And it leaves me wondering if there's ever a chance of restoring it.
Will it ever be as it once was?

Someone tell me, am I (still) loved? Do they still love me?

Or is that love gone now, no longer mine to have?

______

There's no amusement on his face, not even an ounce of it. Chris read through the note on his brother's phone, once, then twice, just to make sure of what he was reading. Nothing changed, the words all said the same thing - had the same meaning. It had him glancing over at the sleeping triplet in a mixture of shock and apparent guilt. Unaware of the sudden attention, Matt slept on, snoring gently, unassuming and oblivious of what he'd just found out.

Chris almost wishes he could've stayed obvious as well. But then again he doesn't, and that isn't exactly true, not when Matt would've continued to have been left thinking this. Whatever this is, Chris still hasn't processed it himself. Isn't quite sure how to proceed or go on from here.

For now, Chris can't seem to pull his eyes away from his brother at the thought. The triplet doesn't move, doesn't fidget, and those snores are constant. The one thing he's certain of at the moment. As he's lulled into relaxing a bit by his brother's snores, half of him is relieved by the fact that his brother's not awake at the second. Because he doesn't know what he'd say, doesn't know how to face Matt after that.

I mean hell, does he even say anything? Is it even his place to tell the other that he'd read it? He doesn't know.

Looking at the other he now realizes It'd been a bad idea to get on the brother's phone, invasive even when he thought of it, he could admit that. But at the same time, Matt's phone had been left out, alone and unattended as it charged. And Chris had been bored, and was already in Matt's room at the time. He'd been unable to sleep as the elder napped.

He'd just been nosy. Truly, he'd thought it to be harmless and his own phone hadn't seemed as interesting as Matt's, not when he already knew all that was on it. So really, if you thought about it, it wasn't his fault for looking. Matt couldn't blame him for that.

Now though, now Chris is just left wondering how long ago this was dated back to, how long ago Matt had written it. And if the elder still looked back on it and had the same belief.

The thought shakes him, he sure hopes not. Realistically, Matt must know how much he and Nick adore the other, right? That no matter what happens, what words are spoken between them Chris will always care for his brother. Nothing the brunette does will suddenly make him hate the other or care any less.

Surely, Matt must know that. Or at least he'd thought Matt had, he isn't so certain now.
He thinks it must be something the other had missed. That if Matt had typed this in the first place clearly the elder doesn't believe it as much as he'd thought.

It's something that conjures hurt in his stomach,
and Chris just can't handle this newfound information. It isn't like Chris is just going to sit here feeling hurt and sorry for himself either. He's going to set out and fix this.