Crying near a bush, and a exciting new friend

Oh em gre it's basil

__________________

A petite blonde boy. He has freckles surrounding his cheeks, and a mole atop of his nose. He has boiling blue eyes, which seem like they could stare into your brain. He loves everything to do with plants, flowers, and trees; as you can tell by the small flower in his bangs.

You hear crying. (AUBREY)

Aubrey, the brown haired Irish girl, with freckles on her arms, and a love for everyone. She always wants to help. As she's exploring the playground, she hears small sobs by the forest-like part of faraway park. She considers checking it out, and after a small bit of pondering, she struts out and finds the miniature blonde boy curled up with his head in his knees; They look a bit wet from his tears.

"Excuse me?"the girl says

Basil looks up from his legs swiftly, and snaps his head to the side to see Aubrey. He seems embarrassed, and starts getting up to leave
"I'm-- sorry, I shouldn't be out here crying I- " he stutters, not knowing what to say. But Aubrey comes over and puts her hand on his shoulder.

"Don't be sorry! I came here to ask if you were okay!" She comforts, her smile is contagious. And basil caught it. He smiles a bit.

"I-I'm okay, really.. I just- uh-" basil is stuttering a lot, as he is getting nervous. He starts tearing up again, as Aubrey grabs his hand.

"No need to get nervous, it's okay! What's your name?" She asks in a sweet tone. "My name is Aubrey!"

"U-umm, I'm basil.." he replies, feeling more comforted. He pulls his hair out of his face"

"That's a pretty name! Would you mind if I asked what happened?"

"Oh, I just fell.."

"Basil, you were sobbing! A scrape wouldn't do that." She can tell he's lying. She's always been good at seeing through lies.. that is until a few years in the future , but we'll get to that later. Aubrey signalled for the two kids to kneel down, and basil applied; they sit down on the cold grass.

"Now basil, I know we just met, but you can trust me! Anything that's on your mind. Speak it!" She looks straight into his eyes, and basil speaks.

Okay as you can tell I am not good at angst (you can tell by the original book) but basically he's talking abt how his parents haven't been visiting, and they missed there last scheduled visit by 3 months. Still going on. And how his grandma is the only one looking after him, and she's getting old.. and ofc Aubrey comforts him and everything. Now. Time-skip to 3 days later. Aubrey picked basil up from his house for school.

"Hello dearie.. are you here for basil?" Basils grandma asked, as she slowly opens the door with her cane (omg ddlc ref?!)

"Hi ms fey! That's correct!" Aubrey replies, as basil comes running to the door struggling with his back pack. He can't seem to get his water bottle in. He slams it a bit in his backpack, and grunts angrily.
"Why won't it- cmon!" He says with an angry tone, but not yet yelling

"Basil! Calm down!" Basils grandma sternly snaps at him, causing basil to stop and slowly put the water bottle in. Without a word. As he walks out of the door, he's still kinda pissed, but waves bye in a happy tone.

As Aubrey is happily skipping, basil is cheerfully walking beside her, and Aubrey is  ranting about hyper-fixations such as bunny's or the new ad for a cartoon she got to watch on the stores windows. She never really gets to watch tv at home, as her mom is usually hogging it. Basil doesn't know much abt tvs, as his grandma isn't too keen on the "new electricity that's rotting kids brains", so he gardens in his spare time.

"Oh basil!" Aubrey says, completely off topic. "Want me to introduce you to my friends at school? I think you'd rlly like them!"
Basil is a bit spooked at the sudden change in topic, but he sheepishly responds with a nod. Aubrey cheers, as they arrive to school.

"Hey guys!!" Aubrey yells and waves at the four children, with basils hand in hers. Basil looks down at the floor, very shy. He sweats a little as they run to the quad.

"Woah, who's that?!" Kel asks, basically bouncing up and down. He's very exited, as you can tell.

"This is basil! Basil, this is Kel.." Aubrey points to Kel, then moves her finger up to hero "this is hero! He's kels older, and more RESPONSIBLE brother, Kekeke.." Aubrey teased.
"Im responsible too Aubrey!! >:<"
Aubrey points over to sunny.

"This is sunny! He's really shy, like you! I think you'll get along!" Sunny responds with a sheepish wave, and a sweat drop from his cheek. Basil gives him a small smile as Aubrey points to Mari.

"And this is Mari!! She's Sunny's older sister, and she plays piano!"

"Hello basil! It's nice to meet you!" Mari waves, and holds her hand out to shake basils. Basil does the same and shakes her hand, as the bell rings. Every hurry's inside. Turns out, basil and Aubrey are in the same class! Hero and Mari have the same math class, ELA, and gym! Kel and sunny are in the same class as-well, so sunny can help Kel with academics, listening, and so Kel can help sunny make new friends.

Welcome, basil.

_____________

YAY ITS BASIL!! WOOHOO!!

Now another question. Do I add one more kid chapter, or go straight to the POINT. (Yknow maris ending point)

Anyways, hope I did good! If there's constructive Criticism I would love to hear if it's respectful!

970 words