PROLOGUE

ೃ⁀➷

"You can pull all the cards but I won't back down"

╰┈➤ ❝ [Won't back down, eminem]

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

2013

Any sane parents wouldn't let their twelve-year-old daughter, who had just been diagnosed with epilepsy exactly twelve months ago, play football. That's what a lot of parents thought and that's what many people had put across to the father watching the game. There weren't many parents willing to put their daughters into football without some persuasion but not this man, he believed in his kids.

Adam Norris was not one to let his child's talent and interest go to waste unless they really couldn't do anything to help them. After all, one of his sons was racing go-karts, interested in getting into Formula 1, a reasonably high-risk sport and very expensive.

The girl's older brother stood leaning against the barrier, fully alert to what his sister was doing. The pair of siblings, who weren't the only Norris children, could have fooled for people for being twins despite the two-year gap.

"YES, HOLLY!" Her father yelled.

As the brunette girl caught the ball in her arms and fell to the ground, there were grins on the team's face. With barely seconds left, it was a save that likely secured them the win. Another winning feeling for Holly Marie Norris. 

She was talented in the making and one that would be least expected.

The Norris' did not raise their kids as people who gave up. No matter what life handed to them, the struggles they faced or the doctor's words they heard, they would be ready to deal with it and if they weren't, they had their family to lean on.

Holly Norris was no pushover and the world would soon see that.