0 || Disclaimer

Please read, I don't want to be shunned by the FNAF community.

1. I don't know everything about FNAF lore. I wish I did, but I don't. You may know different bits of the lore than I do, so don't come for me if I get things wrong. For the purpose of this story, I will be using movie lore/logic and relying heavily on the FNAF wiki for any details the movie doesn't specifically cover.

2. This story is based more on the movies and my understanding of the games instead of the books and comics, as I haven't read them (I do plan to in the future, but not for the purpose of writing this story). As such, please don't come for me if something I write contradicts what's in the books and comics (unless it's very simple and doesn't change anything major in the story-- I'd be happy to change little details to make the story more coherent). 

3. As stated before, this story is not canon compliant. It will contain an original character and follow a storyline I have created. (No, I will not be changing it if/when more movies come out). This also means that the order of the games (both numerical and lore-orientated) will be scrambled, as I intend to make a sequel (or multiple) of this book containing the next games. 

4. If you don't appreciate how I interpret certain themes/characters/etc., don't get mad. I am a person with my own opinions, but I am also open to constructive criticism. I am not open to fighting over miniscule (or even major) details. If it genuinely angers you, you don't have to read the story :)

5. This should've probably been obvious, but I am not adhering to the years in between lore points. I will stretch and squish time as I see fit to fit the perimeters of the story if I want to tell. Example: Afton might be in the springlock suit for less time before reappearing. (Not saying that will happen, it's just the easiest way to explain what I'm talking about).

6. Some of this story will be set in New Orleans and Chalmette, Louisiana, which is where the actual building in the movie is located. As far as I know, the movie was supposed to be set there. If I'm wrong, I don't care. That's the decision I've made. For the rest of the story, I am completely improvising (you'll see as you read) with a different location. 

7. Less about the story, more about me. I'm dyslexic and am relying on autocorrect. Sometimes autocorrect doesn't catch things. If there are errors that need to be fixed (both in chapters marked as un-edited and edited), feel free to leave comments correcting them and I will most likely get around to fixing them as time allows. I appreciate any feedback that helps my writing become more coherent. 

8. I am accepting suggestions. I have a pretty solid idea of where I want this book to go since I have ideas for following works, but plot holes and empty time gaps have become my best friend (sadly). If you have any ideas as to how to move the story forward or fill in a plot hole you see, let me know! I'll give you credit for your help unless you ask not to be named :)

9. Obviously, I am not Scott Cawthon, nor do I claim to own/work for Blumhouse Productions, and as such I own none of these characters (except for my own original character and any side characters not mentioned in the games/movie) (I cannot account for characters sharing names with those in the comics, sorry). 

10. Lastly, this is not the final product. This is a rough draft that I will edit, change, cut bits out of, insert bits into, replace everything from words to whole chapters, etc. If I change something that you really like, let me know (though I doubt anyone will read this twice let's be honest). However, if you happen to see I've changed something and now the story makes less sense, let me know (even though I might've changed it for an actual purpose-- I'll let you know if that's the case). I'd like to know if I make mistakes while editing. 

11. Not a disclaimer but I hope you enjoy :)

I will probably add more disclaimers as I continue writing. Any that I add after these originals will go below. (I will include a message at the top of a new chapter if I add a disclaimer, that way you know when this is updated, and you can come back and read it)

12. Trigger warnings will be at the beginning of every chapter, but I tend to forget certain details might be triggering to some (I don't get triggered much, so putting warnings slips my mind sometimes). If you have any suggestions for trigger warnings I should add, please let me know as you see them (preferably through the comments).