22 || Charlotte Emily

(Unedited, Not Proofread, 3278 words)
Trigger Warnings: Cursing, fear, descriptions of gore and death
Other Warnings: I used a lot of creative liberty in this chapter concerning movie lore and what wasn't mentioned in it. You'll see what I'm talking about soon. I apologize in advance for any contradictions with your own lore beliefs, but these are mine.

I step out of Kid's Cove in the year 2000 and step into the game room in a year decades earlier. I know instantly because everything is tinted golden yellow, the way some of the residual memories at the first pizzeria were. Everything feels soft and light and correct, except it also feels sharp and dark and wrong once I let go of the door.

The room is filled with colorful, shiny party decorations and several groups of helium balloons. Party hats adorn every white-tablecloth-topped table and the heads of every child sitting at them, standing around them, and playing throughout the room. There are presents stacked up in various places with wet-floor signs covered in colorful papers with handwritten names on the front designating which pile belongs to which kid. Some tables are full of kids eating pizza and cake, while others are occupied by small groups of children doing arts and crafts, all guided by adults or teenagers. 

Across the room, I realize the stage is shifted all the way from the left corner— which is near the hallway— to the right corner, near where one of the access doors is. In between the stage and the hallway on the left is the front door of the building.

I remember the front door being offset into the hallway, just before the bathrooms. There's a little foyer that branches off into it, I clearly remember seeing it when Mike and I had to hide in the bathrooms. But not now.

The floor plan changed.

What memory did I just get spit out into?

I take a step forward and then turn to my right, looking for the Puppet's box.

The prize counter is rotated a different way, and the Puppet isn't behind it. The only things behind this counter are old Freddy Fazbear posters and a bored teenager in a silly work uniform.

I turn back forwards and focus on the stage again. In the middle of it is a little sign with words I can't read from here, so I decide to make my way over to try and gain a better understanding of where I am and why the building thinks it's important that I see what happened on this day in history.

Traversing the room is easy, but getting close enough to the stage is quite difficult. There are more things I can't see because of the memory and—

Hey, can't the Toys see me?

I expect the thought to spook me back into present day, but a tug at my conscience forces me to look down. My eyes land on my bracelet as if they were naturally supposed to look at it, and somehow that odd instance convinces me that I'm safe.

As safe as I can be in this situation.

Maybe the Toys are just... not here?

That's stupid, Sterling.

While I'm looking down, I also realize I'm still bleeding. I shine my flashlight on the cut while I shuffle forward, trying to multitask.

The cut isn't as bad as I had thought it was in Kid's Cove, but I'll need stitches for sure.

When I get to the stage, I lean forward and read the sign, which says:

Spring Freddy and Spring Bonnie will be back at two! Don't miss their singing performance!

As I read, I hear footsteps coming from the hallway to my left. I turn and find both previously mentioned animatronics approaching the game room. Their suits are both oddly yellow and the plates and joints move quite awkwardly as they walk. Two security workers escort them, both in full uniform.