Chapter 9:Eyes on the prize!

Kei had succesfuly returned from his mission with Bulat alive. It came to a great shock to Night Raid at how they were able to kill the Three Beasts.

Well, most of them anyway. Kumagawa honestly didn't care who those people were, they were nothing but rotting flesh now so he didn't see a point in even asking.

They naturally began to chat as the two abnormals reunited. They mostly talked about what happened while they were on their own.

Today they were called by Leone and Lubock in the Capital for something. The original members of the Night Raid had to be hidden of course, as their faces were well known from their bounty posters.

Kei:So you meet the Empire's strongest, huh? I suppose it was to be expected.

Kumagawa:[Eh, you think so?]

Kei:Well, take Kurokami-san and Anshin'in-san for an example. You do seem to have a lot of chance meetings, Kumagawa-kun.

Kumagawa:[Ahaha, I guess so. Still, sucks that they have to stay hidden. I guess this is our strong pount as new members. Because our faces aren't known, all we have go do is to kill everyone who finds out.]

Kei:But you could lift that burden from them with All Fiction, couldn't you?

Kumagawa:[Now, now, Kei-chan. From when do you know me to make things easy for people?]

Kei:That's a fair point.

They see a hooded figure waving their hand at them. They follow it into a rundown building were Leone was laying on an old couch.

The hooded figure take the hood down, revealing themselves to be Lubock. They all sit down around the room.

Leone:Hey, welcome to the Capital hideout!

Kumagawa:[You seem pretty calm now, scaredy cat.]

Leone:Can gou blame me? That woman is terrifying! I don't know how you can leisury sit with her.

Lubock:That's right, you don't know about that time...Well, a good ehile back a tribe outside of the capital decided to attack. The tribe had 10,000 soldiers and the Empire send 120,000 soldiers to beat them. The result should've been obvious. However, the tribe people who had grown up on the wilderness were more than a match for those who lived leisury in the Capital.

Kei:Well, of course. Harshness of life frim an early afe do make people tougher.

Lubock:Yeah, there were poisonous insects and diseases who terrorized them, mud filled rivers who made their advance hard and they were also attacked by wil animals and exotic soecies of Danger Beasts. To top it all off, the tribes also made raides at night against them. All the soldiers of the empire were exhausted and hopeless...That is, until General Esdeath and General Najenda vame as reinforcements.

Kumagawa:[Akame-chan, Najenda-chan and Bulat-chan...That makes three people who defected from the Empure's side. Wow, their contracts must be even worse!]

Leone:You're still not over that, huh?

Lubock:Anyway, Esdeath already had her Imperial Arm so traveling isn't too hard. The Three Beasts were there to help as well. It was a total massacere for the tribe. Their village was attacke, burned to the ground. Most were killed, but some warriors were kept restrained while forced to watch the Empire's soldiers rape their women.

Leone:Good thing I ran. I might've ended up as another one of ger thousands of kills.

Kumagawa:[She's a real sadist, that Esdeath-chan. Oh, maybe she would've forced you to activate your Imperial Arm, cut off those ears and tail and than force feed you them to die chocking.]