3

Ciel entered the carriage and was followed by Cale.

Inside the moving carriage, Ciel looks around the Rain City.

Everything looks safe and comfortable, even for those who live in slum areas.

"I'm returning this to you. I will not accept your resignation letter."

Cale held out Ciel's resignation letter which had not yet been opened.

Ciel smiled and accepted it.

"I heard that you are now a hero, young master Cale."

Ciel talked about what everyone was talking about right now.

That was to prevent Cale from knowing that he was a transmigrator just like him.

And sure enough, Cale's face changed as if he heard something he really hated to hear.

"Don't talk about that. I'm not a hero."

Ciel chuckled at that and looked back out the carriage window.

The wind blew his light brown hair.

Cale saw Ciel's smile with his cheeks slightly red, very cute, making him smile too.

"And this, I bought this for you from the capital."

Cale gave Ciel a small box, and Ciel accepted it.

!?

It was an expensive-looking watch, decorated with gemstones similar to Ciel's eyes.

"I can't accept something as valuable as this, young master!"

To receive something as expensive as that...

"What if someone steals it from me!?"

Ciel looked panicked when he saw the gift, making Cale chuckle, take the watch, and put it on Ciel.

"Then, just let it get stolen if that happens. I bought this watch for you. If you don't wear it, who will?"

Cale looked satisfied seeing Ciel's hand that wearing the watch.

"But I don't have anything for you..."

Ciel reached into his pocket, and all he had was a shiny black rock that he had picked up on the side of the road because it caught his attention.

"I've just had a stone on the side of the road... If it's okay with you, will you accept it..?"

Ciel looked embarrassed, to give something like that for such an expensive watch.

But Cale smiled and took the stone from Ciel.

"This is a beautiful stone. Thank you."

Seeing Cale accept his gift, Ciel smiled very brightly, looking super happy.

A smile brighter than when he received a gift.

That made Cale smile too, and stroked Ciel's head gently.

.

.

"Ciel, my sweet friend!"

Hans ran to hug Ciel until Ciel fell because Ciel couldn't support Hans' weight.

"Who dares bully my sweet friend!? Tell me, and I'll finish them off! That must be hard for you, right?"

Hans cried as he continued to hug Ciel tightly.

With Ciel's small body, he's really nice to hug.

And Ciel just let Hans hug him.

On and Hong also meowed as if greeting him.