18

The sound of leaves and twigs being stepped on was heard as they all walked through the forest.

Cale was still collecting corpses in the forest and making sure it was sufficient with the list of names they received.

"You should eat more..."

"Even the Quee- I mean lady is taller than you..."

"Have you never eaten vegetables before?"

"........."

Ciel couldn't help but smile when Litana's subordinates looked worried about him.

But discussing his height annoyed him a bit.

158cm is not short!

It's just because a human in this world is as tall as someone who eats a pole.

Ciel saw Maes who was almost his height in just a short time because he trained hard in the dark forest.

'Should I start training my body?'

Ciel looked at his cute hands.

'Can this hand even hold a sword?'

Ciel let out a short sigh internally.

"I eat well, it's just that my ancestry is not tall."

Ciel smiled brightly as usual and was friendly talking to everyone.

.

.

.

They arrived at section 1 of the Jungle and a huge fire rose high like a wall of fire that even covered the sky view.

"That's hot."

Cale threw away his raincoat.  They weren't even that close, but the heat from the wall of fire could make those who were wet from the rain sweltering.

Seeing the flames towering very high, Ciel's body shivered.

'There's nothing good about remembering it.'

Ciel shook his head trying not to remember the bad memories.

Deg, deg, deg...

Ciel's heart was beating so fast as if he was having a panic attack.

Ciel's vision also blurred as memories that weren't his played in his head.

A small child with lightless eyes was tied to a chair with sticky liquid soaking him.

'Did the fire trigger this body's memory?'

Ciel thought that as his heart beat faster as if it was very scared.

- lit it.

!?

Ciel's eyes widened as someone in a researcher's jacket threw a lighter towards the liquid on the floor which headed straight for the small child's seat in the chair.

Ciel subconsciously moved to catch the lighter from falling.

However, that was only the memory of his body.

!?

Ciel tripped over a tree root and fell miserably, only able to watch as the lighter fell into the liquid.

"Ciel!?"

Everyone was shocked to see Ciel fall.

Beacrox held Ciel and frowned feeling Ciel's body temperature which was very cold like ice.

Cale immediately approached Ciel and grabbed his face.  Seeing Ciel's unchanged face, Cale was sure Ciel was seeing something else.

"No..."