August 20th, 1992

"The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2 by Miranda Goshawk. Break with a Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart. Gadding with Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart. Holidays with Hags by Gilderoy Lockhart. Travels with Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart. Voyages with Vampires by Gilderoy Lockhart. Wanderings with Werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart. Year with the Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart." said Y/n reading off her brother's school requirements. "Why is everything from Lockhart? Is that the same for me?!"

"It is a bit strange, isn't it?" asked Narcissa, their mother. She took a look at Y/n's requirements and made a face. "Hm."

"Why don't you and Y/n go and get something pretty while Draco and I head towards another shop. Then we can meet up at Flourish and Blotts." Lucius Malfoy said handing them a sack full of galleons. Y/n and Narcissa smiled, turning to look at one another.

"Thanks dad!" smiled Y/n grabbing the bag. Y/n and her mother went off into a shop full of clothing.

"Oh how your father spoils you." chuckled Narcissa. Y/n chuckled, looking around at clothing. "So, when are you going to tell your father about Benjamin?"

"Oh I don't know! We aren't even together!" said Y/n with a face. "When he asks me to officially to become his girlfriend, then I will think about telling my dad about him."

"Smart girl." laughed Narcissa. "I think he's still having hope you'll end up with one of your little shadows."

"Merlin no." laughed Y/n. "I love them but they're just my friends."

"Yeah, I understand." smiled Narcissa. Y/n and her did some more shopping, leaving the store with four bags in each hand.

Y/n walked into Flourish and Blotts to see Draco walking around piles of books. "What are you doing?" asked Y/n watching him jump.

"Merlin Y/n/n, nothing." said Draco. Y/n chuckled, shaking her head. There was a bunch of clapping and cheering when the two turned to see Harry Potter and Lockhart together. "He's so pathetic."

"Oh Draco." said Y/n rolling her eyes.

"Bet you love that, didn't you, Potter?" said Draco coming down the stairs. Y/n rolled her eyes once again, watching her brother. "Famous Harry Potter, can't even go into a bookshop without making the front page."

"Leave him alone, he didn't want all that!" said Ginny Weasley. A small ginger girl.

"Potter, you've got yourself a girlfriend!" drawled Draco. Ginny went scarlet as Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger fought their way over, both clutching stacks of Lockhart's books. Y/n snorted, watching the lot of them.

"Oh, it's you," said Ron, looking at Draco as if he were something unpleasant on the sole of his shoe. "Bet you're surprised to see Harry here, eh?"

"Not as surprised as I am to see you in a shop, Weasley," retorted Draco. "I suppose your parents will go hungry for a month to pay for all those."

Ron went as red as Ginny. He dropped his books into the cauldron, too, and started toward Draco, but Harry and Hermione grabbed the back of his jacket. "Ron!" said Mr. Weasley, struggling over with Fred and George. They had been in Y/n's year. She rolled her eyes, shaking her head. "What are you doing? It's too crowded in here, let's go outside."

"Well, well, well Arthur Weasley." said Lucius. He stood with his hand on Draco's shoulder, sneering in just the same way.

"Lucius," said Mr. Weasley, nodding coldly.

"Busy time at the Ministry, I hear," said Lucius. "All those raids. . . I hope they're paying you overtime?"
He reached into Ginny's cauldron and extracted, from amid the glossy Lockhart books, a very old, very battered copy of A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration. "Obviously not. Dear me, what's the use of being a disgrace to the name of wizard if they don't even pay you well for it?"