ENTER: ANDY

Andy got off his computer after Veronica stopped pestering him, feeling sad that his mom wouldn't let him go out like all the other times he asked. He was hesitant to ask him mom, knowing the answer he would get. Andy decided to inspect his room so he'd have a little bit of time to himself before he had to confront his mom.

Andy's room was unlike any other, containing instruments like a guitar and a piano, both of which he could play well. He also had posters of some of his favorite bands up on the wall (he's too embarrassed to share what his favorite bands are), and overall is into wearing dark clothes and putting on makeup to make himself look like a rock star. There is one thing out of the ordinary in his room, and that was located in his closet.

Hidden in his closet, lied the biggets secret someone could hold. A secret that nobody would ever want anyone finding out, whether it be embarrassing or bad. This secret is not meant to be shared with anyone, not even your closest friends. Andy has hidden this from everyone he knows and loves; not even his mom knows, that's how well he's hid it. You may be asking, what was this secret that he holds very close to him and only himself? Well, it's a big secret, no one should ever know. I will tell you but, I would not recommend sharing this secret with anyone. Not even your most trustworthy friend. Let's get on with it, shall we?

Located deep inside Andy's closet, lied the biggest secret in the history of mankind.

It was...

a Mario shrine.

Andy is, secretly, a huge fan of Super Mario.

Despite the fact he is highly embarrassed by it, he enjoys playing every Mario videogame, even if its bad, but to him, every Mario videogame is good. He loves Super Mario, his favorite Mario character is Mario, he just adores the red plumber. Andy loves Mario so much he's made a shrine of Mario, filled to the brim with different Mario pictures, from stock renders to screenshots, every side of Mario is shown in this shrine.

He hides it to the best of his ability, only once has his mother gotten real close to finding this shrine, but was luckily distracted by a rat that'd been hiding in the wall for a month. Andy's mother is super paranoid and is highly protective of her son, ever since Andy's father died, his mother hadn't let him out of the house once, only for school sometimes, as he works online. His mother's behavior makes it hard for Andy to go out with his friends, and it doesn't help that these are online friends, with rare times of them meeting up, all those times Andy didn't get to go.

Andy got out of his room and decided to confront his mother about going out with his friends. He already knew the answer, but wanted to give it a shot. His mother was sitting in the kitchen, making some lemon tea for herself, the worst kind of tea to make, exactly what his mother would make.

"Uh... mom?"

"Not now dear, mom's making tea right now."

"Mom, this is important."

"My tea is important too."

Andy's mom was so hard to talk to for Andy. She rarely wants to talk about anything, and finds any reason as to not talk at that exact moment, it infuriates Andy.

"Mom, just listen to me, please."

"I will listen, dear, after I'm finished with my tea."

"Mom it's just some stupid tea, I just want to ask a quick question."

"Please mom, please."

Andy's mom sighed, clearly wanting her son to put this question to rest.

"Fine. What's the question you want to ask?"

Andy felt better with his mom's response, but knew he was ready for disappointment.

"Mom, can I go out with some friends tonight? They're planning a movie night and I really want to go this time."

"Andy, dear, you know how I feel about letting you go out without me being there to take care of you."

"But, all my friends will be there, we'll be okay, I swear."

"Andy, I know you know the answer to this question."

"Just this once mom, after this I won't go out ever again!"

Andy's mom began to play around with the idea. Her son, never leaving after going out just once? He has suggested this idea before, but this time felt different, like he meant it.

"Fine. You can go out, but only this one time."

Andy's face brightened up after hearing what his mother had said.

"Thanks mom."

Andy left the kitchen and went back into his room, getting on his computer to tell Veronica the news.

SD: good news
SD: my mom said yes.