TWO'S A CROWD

"Are you enjoying your day here at Crocker's, good sir?"

Tommy felt a chill down his spine when he heard that voice. In some inconceivable, twisted way, it was Jeff Crocker challenging Tommy to a battle of the wits. A big trivia game even.

"I'm doing just fine, thank you for asking."

Jeff Crocker immediately recognized that voice.

"Ah, hello Tommy! Back at my store, are we?"

"Why yes, I am back at your store, Mr. Jeff Crocker."

"And I have just one question for you, Mr. Crocker."

-STRIFE!-

WHERE IS THE 'SEINFELD: THE COMPLETE SERIES COLLECTOR'S EDITION'?

- TOMMY DUVALL

SORRY, MR. DUVALL, BUT WE'RE SOLD OUT ON SEINFELD!

- JEFF CROCKER

IMPOSSIBLE! I THOUGHT YOU LOVED SITCOMS!

- TOMMY DUVALL

WHY, YES I DO! BUT RECENTLY, WE'VE HAD TO SELL OUR STOCK TO AN ANONYMOUS BUYER. HE SEEMED TO HAVE BEEN A HUGE COLLECTOR! BIGGER THAN YOU, IT SEEMS.

- JEFF CROCKER

I AM THE BIGGEST COLLECTOR I KNOW!

- TOMMY DUVALL

THEN YOU MUST NOT KNOW MUCH PEOPLE, DUVALL!

- JEFF CROCKER

SHOW ME WHERE THE COMPLETE SERIES COLLECTION IS! I MUST NEED IT TO WATCH IT WITH MY FRIENDS WHO I, IN FACT, KNOW AND KNOW VERY WELL!

- TOMMY DUVALL

NOT A CHANCE, DUVALL! WE HAVE NO MORE STOCK! LOOKS LIKE YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ARE GOING TO HAVE TO SETTLE FOR A DIFFERENT SHOW TO WATCH!

- JEFF CROCKER

MIGHT I SUGGEST, CYBERCHASE?

- JEFF CROCKER

HEY WHAT'S GOING ON?

- FRANK DUVALL

-END OF STRIFE!-

"Tommy, what did I tell you about trying to start a fight with Crocker?"

"Dad, it's called strifing, me and Crocker do it all the time!"

"Oh don't worry Mr. Duvall, we only jest!"

"Now. About that Seinfeld Complete Series DVD, Tommy!"

"Is it true someone bought your entire stock of Seinfeld DVDs and memorabilia?"

"Sadly, that is true, Tommy. All our Seinfeld stock had been sold to a man who calls themselves 'I.C. Weiner', whatever that name is supposed to mean."

"However, I can look in the back to see if we have a copy laying around that we forgot to ship."

Tommy got on his knees and begged Mr. Crocker to look in the back of the store for an extra copy of Seinfeld.

"Please please please look in the back! I promised my friends I'd get us a copy so we can watch it tonight!"

"I'll start looking now, and I'll let you to know if I do find a copy. For now, enjoy the store! We recently added a Sega CD section, but I haven't found the Sega CD console to sell yet."

Crocker left the scene, presumably to go to the back of the store. Making Tommy and his father wait for Crocker to come back with a copy of the complete series of Seinfeld.

This made Tommy bored, so he decided to check out the games aisle of the store, where he'd usually get games to add to his collection. This was where he got games like 'The Curse of Monkey Island' and 'Blade Runner (1997)'. It's safe to say that this aisle was what ignited Tommy's love for point and click adventure games.

Tommy looked through the games aisle, seeing what was there that might interest him.

"Oh cool, they have Rayman 3 for PC. And also Mario Bros for the Atari 5200? Kind of random, but interesting, nonetheless."

Tommy continued searching for interesting games, until a certain game caught his eyes.

"Doom 3? I did not expect Mr. Crocker to have a game like this for sale."

"That's because I put it up for sale."

Tommy turned around to see where the voice came from. It seemed it was a new employee, or one he hadn't seen before.

"Do... Do you work here?"

"Work here? I co-own this store with my brother, Jeff Crocker."

Tommy couldn't believe what he was hearing, Jeff Crocker had a brother? And he never told him about it?

"You seem surprised, perhaps my brother never told you about me? I don't often like to work in a retail environment, I only work on the financial side of this store."

"I had a collection of old games laying around and decided to just selling this stuff to make a few more bucks for this store."

Tommy couldn't even believe what he was seeing, there were two Crockers?! Tommy felt so strange about this situation, that he just froze in front of Crocker's brother.

"You can move if you want, sir, I don't bite."

"Well, if you're really Crocker's brother, then what's my name?"

"It's Tommy. Tommy Duvall. My brother talks about you often."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. He talks about how you and your dad are his favorite customers. Personally, I don't have favorites, only those who tip is when I'd try to recognize their faces."

"And what's your name?"

"He hasn't even told you my name? Jesus Christ... My name is Cory Crocker, co-owner of Crocker's Media Emporium."

Tommy's father entered the scene, also shocked to see that Jeff Crocker had a brother.

"I think I'll just go now."

Cory Crocker went into a door that was labeled 'Employees Only', forever to be shrouded in mystery.

"Wow son, could you believe that Crocker had a brother? I couldn't believe it with my own eyes!"

Tommy was still trying to process the situation he was just put in. Jeff Crocker had a brother, he handles the financial decisions of the store, AND he was selling 'Doom 3'? What more could Jeff Crocker be hiding? This made Tommy want more answers, and less questions, which gave him an idea. When his father wasn't looking, Tommy slipped away and sneakily entered the door labeled 'Employees Only', ready to face what lies ahead.