O N E

In Bengali we say,

In Bengali we say,

“ যদি আরও -কারে ভালোবাসো, যদি আর ফিরে নাহি আসো,
তবে, তুমি যাহা চাও, তাই যেন পাও, আমি যত দুখ পাই গো॥ ” ~ Rabindranath Tagore!

{ If you can love someone else, if you never come back ,
I wish you get whatever you desired, all the pain may showered over mine! }

Love is a ocean. If someone lost her/ his heart in it, he/she could go the depth no matter how long it is!

But is every love that passionate? That pure and strong that you can even lie on death for your love?

The answer is No!

Maybe your heart isn't always got the same as it's mate. Therefore, we got cheated. Isn't it?

I turned to look over the men who was standing a few meters before my body, talking something serious about me.

I gulped the saliva but it was a dump of blood that shedded because of got beaten.

The tears rolled down from my eyes, mixed with blood and flows over the marvelled floor. My legs are numb, body has no power to move a bit when I lay there half death, breathing only.

One of those men comes to me, kneeled before grabbing a fist of my hair pulled up to look at my face .

“ Aa Ladki, saher ki Singhania babu aa rhe hain aj. Bohot badi party hain yeh humare liye! Bhar ke maal deta hain agar khush ho gye to. Jaldi se ek sari pahen aur muh pe thoda rang laga. Singhania babu ko khush karna hain, samjhi? ”

{ Hey girl, Mr. Singhania is coming tonight. He's a big catch for us . If he's pleased our pockets will be full. So drap a saree quickly and get ready. You've to please him, understand? }

He throws a packet towards me before standing up again and started to discuss with others something. I lift my eyes, look at their back and hated myself.

“ Priya, iss ladki ko thoda taiyar kar de! ”

{ Priya, make her ready! }

One of them orders a female maid before getting out of the room. The woman on her late thirties comes to me and grabbed my arms to help me for sitting properly.

My head, lips, sides of eyes are bleeding. But I couldn't feel any physical pain because I was busy to deal with my inner one.

She brought a first aid box and started to treat the wounds .

“ Badi ghar ki beti lagti ho ! Itna ucche khandaan ki auraat aise kaise iss narak main aa gyi? ”

{ Seems like you're from a high class family! How did you ended up in this hell? }

I look at her face though her eyes were on my wounds.

“ তোমার জেনে কী হবে? ”