author's note.

Welcome to the sequel, the remix, the retelling of Fuckboy, this time from Draco's Point of View.

Last time I tried to write this story was over a year ago. I got pretty far, but quickly decided that I hated it. The first rendition of Babygirl has been cast into the abyss of deleted and otherwise unpublished works by yours truly (the abyss is ever-filling.)

However, my Harry Potter obsession has recently reawakened. It's nostalgic for me, especially because I find myself in a very different place in my life now than I did when I wrote my first HP fanfictions. I'm sure my writing will seem quite different as a result.

This story is one of growth, of perseverance, of experimentation, and—since I know how many of you feel about the term 'babygirl'—a story of not giving a rats ass about what others think and following your own drumbeat. I always strive to live on this side of life, as you well know.

If you haven't read Fuckboy, I recommend reading it first, as a vast majority of this sequel will be very confusing if you haven't read it. I've found writing this story to be very challenging, as I struggle to understand the mind of the male species. I think it will be clear as you read that this version of Draco Malfoy is, how they say, "written by a woman." I also have written this story in Third-Person Limited POV which is definitely a tricky one. However, I do so enjoy a challenge. ;)

Little disclaimer: there is *sexual aggression, *knife play, *blood, *violence, *sexual degradation, *explicit sex scenes, and many other themes and topics that may be uncomfortable to you as you read. I urge you to keep this is mind before you decide to read Babygirl, but if you have already read Fuckboy to completion, you can handle it.

As I mentioned in Fuckboy, this story has nothing to do with Voldemort, Death Eaters, Draco's trauma, or really any of the other canon plots and themes of Harry Potter. I focused on the relationships between the characters, and this story is centered on how they interact.

Evangeline Blackwood and Onyx are two original characters of my own making. Again, I have tried my damndest to not include any physical descriptions of these characters. Looks are fleeting, but badassery is forever.

I have brought several characters back to life, such as Fred Weasley and Severus Snape and other characters that play a minor role or are mentioned in passing such as Bellatrix Lestrange, Lavender Brown, Dobby, and others. Some parts of this story make no sense, but I don't really give a shit. <3

I want to conclude my author's note by thanking you all for much for the support and love on the original. Looking at the absolutely batshit number of reads, votes, and comments of love and support brings a tear to my eye. Thank you for your comments—I do read them and they often make my day—and thank you for sharing in the inner-most workings of my fucked-up brain. It's been an honor.

I hope you enjoy my first ever sequel! I'm certainly enjoying writing it. I plan to do justice to the original as best as I can.

Thank you for being here.

Rene Wood