11. revelation.

Draco got up the next morning at five a.m. and took a cold shower.

He had spent a sleepless night by Evan's side, holding her in his arms as she slept like the dead. She had barely moved for hours when he got up—far earlier than he liked to, but he had unable to lay in bed anymore.

As Draco washed in the shower, he suddenly thumped his forehead against the tile, remembering that they had a Quidditch match that day. And he had not gotten nearly enough sleep to deal with Quidditch Captain Theo.

This was proven not long afterwards, as he walked back out into the dormitory at the sound of heated knocking at the door.

Draco had locked the door hours ago with two or three good protective enchantments. He looked down at the sleeping Evan in his bed, panicked as he walked towards the door.

"What?" he snapped, pushing the door closed, as Theo had broken through the enchantments. Draco had just barely reached the door in time to snap it back shut with both hands.

"Malfoy?" Theo's voice asked, trying to push the door open. "Oi, let me in! I haven't been to bed all night and we got Quidditch!"

"I—" Draco started, calling out to Theo from beyond the door. He looked over at Evangeline, tangled in his comforter. "I have a . . . " he swallowed, resting his forehead on the door in pitiful surrender. "I have a girl in here."

There was a moment of silence. Draco looked up at the door, his forehead still pressed against it, willing Theo to fuck off with his mind.

Theo scoffed. "Course you do, little git."

Theo acted like this was a normal occurrence, even though Draco had not once brought a girl to their dorm in seven bloody years.

Whatever—at least the dumbass rumors had worked in his favor this time. Theo's retreating footsteps echoed from the staircase.

Draco waved a his wand at the door, sealing it shut again, and threw on two more enchantments for good measure.

- - -

It was around 9 a.m. when Evangeline finally stirred in her sleep.

Draco was sitting up in bed, attempting to read. He had really been re-reading the same page for the past half hour. He kept zoning out, forgetting what he just read and having to start all over again.

It was hard to focus when there were sex noises and loud moans coming from the girl's dormitories below. Draco had quickly discovered where Theo went after he locked him out.

Draco had the radio playing, attempting to drown out the sounds. Listening to other people fuck was cringey enough—but listening to Pansy and Theo fuck? It was hell on earth.

"Unnnngh," Evan suddenly groaned. She turned over, facing away from Draco. He looked at her cautiously. She seemed to go back to sleep, so he kept reading.

"Unnnngh," she groaned again. And then again. She made the noise a third time, and Draco rolled his eyes at her, flipping the page of his book without reading the one before it at all.

Within the next minute, Evan was propping up onto an elbow. Her face was turned away, so Draco stared at the back of her head, scowling at her tangled hair. She still wore her black party dress, the straps fallen down her forearms.  He held his breath as she rubbed her forehead, groaning in pain.

"About time," Draco growled as she was almost sitting up.

Evan let out a shriek, scrambling, and fell off of Draco's bed, landing on her ass on the floor. She looked up at him from the ground, horrified and wide eyed.