17. rebellious streak.

"Disappointed you didn't get to see the real show, Snape?" Draco hissed out, fuming as he sat by Evan's side. "Fucking pervert."

"Stop," Evan hissed frantically to him, giving him a glare that would usually have Draco obeying her every command.

"Watch your next words very carefully, Malfoy," Snape said, leaning onto his desk. He glared at Draco, but he didn't break or even bend.

"Just give us detention so we can go," Evan said. She sounded rather calm, the balancing act to his all-consuming rage.

As Snape paced his desk, Evan gave Draco this look. He knew she was begging him to shut the fuck up in her head, but he just stared menacingly at her.

"I think. . ." Snape started. Draco snapped his inflamed eyes back to him. "This may warrant a letter home if you can't learn to control your tongue, Malfoy."

Draco froze, then laughed, because of course. There wasn't anything he could do, anyway. Snape had drafted the letter to his father in his head the moment he walked through the Astronomy Tower doors.

"Draco, shut the fuck—!" Evan started to hiss frantically as he cackled in utter madness. Draco interrupted her.

"This is bullshit," he said. "Clearly you tried very hard to get up there, Professor. I would know, I enchanted the door myself."

"I was informed of your plans of meeting just before I arrived, Mister Malfoy."

"Yeah?" Draco asked, crossing his arms. "By who?"

"You should really be careful of the notes you leave lying around," Snape said, removing a folded piece of parchment from his pocket. It was very same one he stuck into Evan's cloak pocket that morning. Now, it was Evan's turn to be indignant. She sat up and leaned forward, her eyes blazing molten fire at Snape.

"That's mine," she said in angry bewilderment. She even reached a hand into her cloak pocket, as if she was expecting to find the note there. But of course, someone must have found it. "How the fuck did you—?"

"Clearly, it's yours, Miss Blackwood. I have eyes," Snape snapped at her. Draco had to resist the urge to stand up and slam his head into the desktop. Evan was now shifting uncomfortably by his side, crossing her arms over her chest, uncomfortable at the memory of Snape's eyes—as she had not been wearing a shirt when he infiltrated their heated moment.

"What a fall from grace," Snape sighed, his voice laced with venom. "Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy won't be too pleased, will they? Their son. . ." he said, sneering at Draco. "And a muggleborn."

Draco snapped, erupting out of his chair and flying to his feet. The desk chair launched backwards and crashed loudly to the floor.

"GO AHEAD AND TELL THEM, ASSHOLE!"

"Draco, for fuck's sake!" Evan exclaimed. She stood up and grabbed onto Draco's collar, yanking him back down. He kept his eyes trained on Snape, fucking daring him to do it.

"Very well," Snape said with a knowing smile. "Off to bed, both of you. And don't make any stops along the way, or I'll know."

Draco grabbed Evan's hand, pulled her up, and dragged her out of the door. He let go of her once they entered the corridor, then he started blazing down the hall, rushing back to the dungeon to write a letter of his own.

"Why would you do that, Draco, have you gone mad?!" Evan said hurriedly, tearing down the corridor by his side.

"Oh, I'm definitely mad," he replied, not slowing down. He sped up, tearing around a corner.