Toxic

Phil's POV

Dan seems surprised I had a lot of consuls and video games. He seemed delighted, looking at him with a beanie and tight black jeans you wouldn't think he was a gamer. But he was really good.

After about two hours of playing Halo, Dan decided to take a shower. I told him the bathroom was right next to his room. I decided i should get some dinner ready or something at least, so a opened the fridge. That's when i heard it, his voice. He was singing in the shower. I walked over to the bathroom door and listened closer. He had a good voice, wow. He was singing Toxic, by Brittney Spears which made it even more funny. But he was good, i listened for a little bit next to the door but then decided that was a little bit creepy. So i walked back over to the kitchen and looked at our depressed fridge. I finally decided just to order pizza.

Dan came out of the bathroom fully clothed with wet hair. He sheepishly smiles before disappearing into his bedroom. He brings out a book when the pizza man gets here. I go and pay and walk back up all the stairs to find Dan reading on the couch. He's already reading a book out language arts teacher assigned us besides that project.

I'm glad that he's who I have to bunk with. Instead of one of the horrid football players. They are real bullies, I saw one of them push Dan and call him a fag. Idiots. I highly doubt Dab's gay, but that's besides the point. We enjoy the pizza in silence as Dab transitions from his book to his laptop and starts scrolling through Tumblr.

I look at the clock after a while of watching the news but really just spacing out. Dan's hair had air-dried and curled. I didn't think he straightened his hair. "Ok, I'm going to go to sleep." I say, standing up. He nods, standing up too. We part ways and go into our separate rooms.

I look at the clock, ten thirty? I'm not tired, but kind of feeling lazy and bored. I shrug and whisper-shout. "Daniel?" I wait for a response. "Yeah?" I barley hear the muffled answer. "How was your first day?" I speak a little louder now. "Um, ok. The other boys aren't very kind though." He says, his voice dropping off at the end. That probably means he isn't very confident in what he's saying. "Yeah, it takes a while to get used to." I say. "You mean they don't stop?" He sounds surprised and disgusted. "No." I say back, dropping my voice. It's silent for a little while. After a while I think he's gone to sleep, and turn over in bed and prepare myself for sleep. "How do you deal with it?" I hear him ask in a low voice. "I guess it just rolls off my back." I say quietly. "You never want to confront them?" He asks. I had never thought of that.

"You do?" I ask. "Well after even just one day, i know it's wrong. I guess I would never though, I'm not good with confrontation." He says. I nod, then I Realize he can't see me. "Yeah." I say. He seems pretty bothered by this. I hope it doesn't bug him too much. He's going to have to get used to it. If you're not wearing a jersey or a letterman jacket, you're gay in our school.

It's not fair, but that's life. I hope he can handle it. I drift off to sleep with thoughts of it in my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~•3•~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for such a short chapter!
Vote?
Opinions?
Thanks for reading!
What do you think of Dan's first full day? What do you think of the environment with Phil?