Sweater Paws

Phil's POV

I tower over Dan, suddenly feeling horrible. He was gay. Not only was he gay, but he liked me. Me. I crouch down next to him, after he hit his head on the table he had sat down against it on the floor. He hadn't looked at me. He just sat there in desperation, tears flowing down his cheeks.

"I'm sorry." He whispered as i got close to him. I sat next to him. He still didn't look at me. I was a horrible person.

I slowly tuned his shoulders to face him. I tilted his head up again with my finger. He was looking at me, but slouching so he was shorter than me. I hugged him, pulling him towards me. He hugged back after a short hesitation. "No, i'm sorry." I whispered. He hugged tighter, and i could feel his tears in the crook of my neck. He started to sob, making small whimpering noises. "Just talk." I say. "I had met a boy." He sniffled. "Named PJ and i thought he liked me. I wished for him to love me so i would forget..." He trails off. "Forget what Dan? I'm listening." I say. "So i could forget that i loved you." He says pulling away and wiping his tears with his black sweater over his hands. Sweater Paws.

It was... adorable. But i knew PJ, he was dating Chris. And then i knew what Dan was talking about. PJ and Chris were my best friends. But after i came to school without my contacts, and got bullied and tricked, i pushed them away. I failed to believe that their friendship with me was real. I wish i hadn't everyday. But Dan had made that Ok.

But now he was looking at me with eyes that could only be explained as beaten down. He had been through so much. I looked around, and saw a sharpie on the table. I had gotten it out earlier after Dan had left. I didn't know why, but it had been there.

I grabbed it off the table and slowly placed a hand on Dan's cheek. He looked at me with his hurt expression. I drew on his face again, and as soon as i was done he laughed and sniffled. He wiped his tears away. I handed him the sharpie, and he began to draw on my face. I winced at the coldness of his hand on my cheek and the tip of the marker. He laughed at me flinching away. Soon we both had whiskers and sweater paws.

"I'm sorry Dan, you just surprised me." I say. He stops laughing and his smile fades. "Phil are you gay?" He asks, looking up at me. I thought for a moment. I had never been attracted to girls, i had only had one relationship in middle school where the girl had literally forgotten about me after two days. I hand't had any serious relationships. I had though now and then that a boy's haircut was cool, or he had a nice sense of style. But i had never been attracted to a boy.

Until Daniel James Howell, that is. I answer his question by nodding. He seems shocked, and ever more so when i lean in to kiss him. Just as our lips almost meet, a knock on the door sounds through the house. "I think someone's trying to knock the house down." I say, and Dan laughs. He gets up to answer the door.

Dan's POV.

As soon as i open the door, i am embraced. "PJ?" i exclaim. He hugs me with so much power, he almost knocks me down onto the floor. His eyes are red and puffy. "What's wrong?" I ask, when he doesn't let go. "He cheated." Was his only explanation. "We followed you out and saw you run into this building. Out on the street we got into a fight when i wanted to follow you up. Then he said he loves someone else and stormed off." He explains as he lets go of me. He talks so fast, i can barley understand him. "PJ, i'm sorry but..." I try to explain, but he cuts me off with a kiss. His hands are around my neck, balling up into my hair. My arms instantly go around his waist, pressing him against me. He groans and bites my lower lip. I gasp in shock and he uses the distraction to put his tongue in my mouth. I pull away before it can go any further and turn to Phil, who is staring.

PJ looks, and his eyes widen. "Phil? You're over at Dan's at 2:00 in the morning?" He exclaims. "Actually it's the other way around." Phil says and clears throat. Standing up, we make eye contact. "Wait..." PJ asks. "I live with Phil." I say, hoping my face isn't as flushed as PJ's. "You guys are dating?" I shake my head, "No, um... his dad is best friends with mine and my parents went out of town so..." I trail off. "Yeah PJ, and you should know that I'm not gay." He snaps and storms out of the flat. Oh no, what have i done? Was he just trying to cheer me up? He lied to me? I knew he never was gay, and so did he. False hurts the most. Especially if you loved them more than anything.

Knowing i was going to regret it, i pull PJ in closer. I kiss him, putting my hands on his cheek and pulling his head down. This time it's a gentle kiss. He kisses back, and places his hand around my waist. He picks me up and without breaking the kiss, sets me down on the couch. He climbs on top of me, breaking the kiss. He kisses me again, this time laying almost on top of me. He's holding back through, his hands each on either side of my head keeping himself up over me. i take my hands off his neck and pull him closer. He keeps kissing me, while my hands venture up his body.

My hands are on his chest and pushing against him. He keeps kissing me though, and it feels good forgetting everything for a moment.

"Dan." He says, getting up. But somehow, i know he's not leaving. "What?" I smile. "Move over." he says, he smiles and I move closer to the edge of the couch. He lays down next to me, wrapping his arms around my middle. I hold both of his hands with mine and let our finger intertwine. His head is rested in the crook of my neck. Our legs are intertwined and we fall asleep like this.