Chapter 1

"Gather in the meeting room," Fukuzawa said, his face betraying nothing. Atsushi looked at her older siblings, and both seemed to have no idea what was going on. Everyone in the Agency quickly filled inside the meeting room. In doing so, Ranpo's mood quickly became downcast. Her father looked at a loss on how to explain what the meeting was about, so Atsushi took it upon herself to break the uncomfortable silence.

"Dad, what's going on? Is there a new case?" She asked, giving her dad a gateway to start collecting himself. She had never seen that man so uncomfortable about a topic before. "No, Atsu, it is not a new case. The Port Mafia has offered us a deal. I wanted to share that information with you all." He explained with a sigh. Everyone was holding their breath, and no was on the tip of some of their tongues. Fukuzawa continued, "Mori has proposed a marriage between the Agency and the Mafia to stop the fighting. After all, each organization protects its own." "Do you know who the other participant is, Dad?" Yosano asked. The room was deathly silent, waiting to answer this question." No, I do not," he said. The room put the information together, and no one was quite happy with that information. "So, Ranpo, Yosano, or Atsushi will be getting married soon." The eldest Tanizaki voiced everyone's thoughts out loud. "Yes." The President stated simply. Behind his stone-cold façade, his eyes looked remorseful. "No." was the reply of the two oldest Fukuzawa children, and honestly, everyone had the same thought. Deep in their hearts, they knew that Atsushi would be the one getting married. Ranpo's ability keeps the Agency afloat. Yosano keeps them alive. However, giving up Atsushi's freedom does not sit well with them.

"Okay," Atsushi said. She knows that her father wouldn't have brought this up if he had not considered every alternative beforehand. "Atsushi, you cannot be serious?" Ranpo questioned his youngest sibling. She stared at her older brother with a certainty that let him know that she was a hundred percent okay with her decision. "Damnit," Yosano said. The guilt she was experiencing was suffocating.

"Atsushi, you can say no if you really want to." Kunikida reminded her. He didn't want to lose one of two people who he could trust with his notebook and not worry about it being sabotaged.

Atsushi sighs. She fully understands what everyone is worried about, and she trusts Dazai and Kunikida to take over her missions. At the same time, she gets used to being a part of the Mafia. She wouldn't work on the frontlines, anyway, at least not transforming into a giant tiger. "Yosano and Ranpo are needed here. I don't think Edgar will appreciate Ranpo getting married to anyone but him, and Yosano does not believe in marriage. I won't just up and leave, though." She stated all the reasons it must be her.

"Mori doesn't have any children, though. He doesn't want to put his own children in danger." Dazai explained that he wanted to know what his brother had planned so he could protect his friends. "He told me he adopted a young man after the Decay of Angels event. He told me you used to be quite fond of him to an extent." Fukuzawa explained.

There was one person that Mori would trust to run the Mafia after Dazai. Chuuya Nakahara is his former partner. He knows that Atsushi can protect herself. However, Chuuya is like a dragon hoarding gold when he has something he wishes to protect. "It must be Chuuya-San then." Kyoka finally speaks. "He used to be Dazai-san partner. I heard rumors of him being god-like with his ability." "So, the Mafia has a god, too. That's so cool, Ani-kun, what if they are soulmates!" Naomi said excitedly. "Well, a decision needs to be made so I can inform Mori-dono." The President said.

"Tell him your youngest child has agreed to marry his son, and she hopes to meet him soon. After all, a meeting between the two families is always custom when marrying off a bride." Atsu said, smiling. Everyone wondered how she could smile while still sacrificing herself.

"Okay I will call Mori and let him know our decision and schedule a meeting, Ranpo; you should call Edgar and tell him the news, give him time to come home and come to the family meeting with us." Fukuzawa smiled at his only son. "Will do, although he will not like it. Atsu is as much of his sister as she is mine." Ranpo stated this as a fact. The meeting ended with heavy hearts and new determination.

Fukuzawa immediately called Mori to give him his answer. However, he was confident that the Mafia boss knew what the Agency had decided. He hated that man and the way his mind worked. "Silver Wolf calling with good news, I hope," Mori said in a tone that he was certain Dazai got from him. The tone said I already know your answer, but I need you to say it. "Depends on what you considered good news then." The President replied. "Ah, so my proposal was accepted, I'm assuming." That dumb boss, that idiotic man. "Unfortunately, it was. However, my daughter would like a meeting arranged for everyone to get to know each other. I request that the meeting be held 3 weeks from today. A son-in-law needs to come home first." He will have to trust Atsushi and support her decisions. "Acceptable terms; however, if the missing child can come home sooner, let me know. 3 weeks, then Fukuzawa-dono." Mori said as he hung up. Now, the union of the ADA and The Port Mafia is not something the Special Division Unit wants. Two of the most influential groups in the city come together through marriage. It is time to stop this plan before it begins. After all, the Special Division couldn't handle the consequences of their actions if the truth got out.