Shouldn't Hibernate

Request: A scenario where he gets cold and just wants to seek warmth cause he feels like he could hibernate

A/N: This idea is so cute 😭 thank you for telling me! (he might be a bit out of character omg so sorry for that) I hope you like it. And sorry it's a bit short and rushed 💦

Word Count: 2k

It was mid-December and it was snowing like crazy. Everything was white as far as the eye could see. You were wearing your warmest clothes while watching this beautiful view with a cup of hot chocolate in your hand. It was your favorite time of year as all these piles of metal were covered in snow, it was a new sight. Finally something natural and organic.

You sipped your hot chocolate with a delighted smile and looked towards the couch, "Hey, do you want to go outside and play in some snow?" No, of course you weren't talking to your couch. You weren't that crazy yet.

A muffled, unamused grunt came from the other end. Bullfrog spoke unhappily from where he was wrapped in blankets, "I'd rather stay inside, Miel. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to have fun with you, but—" You could literally hear him shudder when he heard the word snow.

You chuckled at that, "Oh, come on. A little snow won't do anything. What's wrong with having a little fun? It's not like it can eat you." Your smile faded slightly with concern when you didn't hear a sound from him. Your thoughts were intruding again, "It's not that cold at home and you're still wrapped in a bunch of blankets. Aren't you sweating in there? Don't tell me you're..." Your voice trailed off.

"Non, I am not sick, stop worrying."

"I can't help it, you know." You approached and leaned back on the couch. You watch as he slowly sips his own hot chocolate. His half-closed eyes had been staring at the silent program that had been playing on the television for some time. The show kept ending and repeating itself.

"Well, if you are not sick and want to have fun with me, do you not want to get your clothes wet in the snow or do you hate the cold or something?" You had a feeling it was more than that. You knew he wouldn't mind getting cold or his clothes getting wet and dirty if it meant the two of you had fun. But... this time the 'cold' seemed to bother him further then he was letting on.

He rubbed his eyes, "I..." He sighed. "I don't hate it—"

"You just don't feel like it then—"

"You don't need to be around me all the time, you know. If you want to play in the snow, you're free to do that." He thought you weren't having fun because you were staying with him, and you know he felt guilty about that. But it was your choice and frankly you would have preferred to stay with him. You weren't staying with him because playing alone wasn't fun, you were staying with him because you just wanted to be around him. And that was reason enough. It was better to sit quietly with him than to run through the snow and possibly get sick afterwards anyway. You chose to stay warm and comfortable. So you were understanding him.

"My free will chooses to stay with your sick body." You patted his head.

"I am not sick— peu importe..." He grumbled.

You jumped over the couch and sat next to him with a grin, "Fine. You're healthy as always."

Bullfrog didn't seem to understand what you were saying and neither of you spoke for a while, continuing to watch the TV idly as you sipped your hot chocolate. Instead he seemed to be having a fight in his head, "You know what? I changed my mind. Let's go outside. If I keep sitting like this, I'm going to fall asleep."

You turned to him, surprised, "Really? Hey, you don't need to force yourself. It's okay if you're not comfortable. It's fine with me, you know."

He gave a dismissive thumbs up, "No, it's okay, don't worry. Let's go." He freed himself from the pile of blankets he was wrapped in and jumped down to the ground. He quickly finished his hot chocolate and placed it on the coffee table. As you looked at him in surprise, he abruptly grabbed your arm and quickly dragged you towards the door while you yelped in surprise, "Let's go!"