Red Flower Petals

Anon: Hi! I looked up and saw that you're writing for Bullfrog from Captain Laserhawk! Can I request an enemies to lovers oneshot with bullfrog, Like the reader is working with the government of Eden so they're against them. And they are fighting in a roof and in a moment they stare in each other's eyes before the reader jumps away flustered. Can you keep it as Gender-natural/female? Sorry if it's confusing (English is not my first language-), you can ignore this if you want :)

A/N: Aww, an enemies to lovers one-shot? Cool. But it's a really big deal to write because of the concept and build up so... I dunno if I can work with this scenerio in one go lol. I'll try to work it out for you :)

This also might not be what you asked for. But I like it 0w0. Hope you will too!

Warnings: lots of blood, violence, etc.

Words: 2.3k

Do you know what it means to come face to face with death? Or how dangerous is a moment of distraction?

The dead bodies of their friends lay along the corridor. There was no one around, just you and him. It was as if time had stopped for the two of you. You were alert, you were tense. Your gun was pointed right at him. You were both waiting for the other one's move. Yes... but why aren't you moving yet? You can shoot straight his head. Easy kill... But you saw what he was capable of with your own eyes. He can literally doge bullets. But he looks a bit tired with how heavily he brraths... Maybe you have a chance to get him this time. But... why hasn't he moved yet? Maybe he was waiting for the same reason as you. Which you don't know what.

Your eyes were on his honey colored ones, what was surprising was that there was no hatred or aggression. He was just doing his job, like you. But you could sense the hatred towards Eden underneath his hidden emotions and expressions, like burning flames of fire.

Just for a second, just a second, you were distracted by the voices of other soldiers behind you. This shouldn't happened. But you did, when you turned your eyes back to him again, you were face to face, your eyes widen. He was so close you could see his blade glisten in the light, you could feel his heavhy breathing, mere seconds before you are sliced under his blades like nothing just like them. Oh, no, you are not going to die today. You refuse. Especially against him. You acted in an unexpected manner maybe instincs or maybe just hate and held your hand up so the knife could stab your hand instead of your head. You both lost your balance and fell to the ground. Unfortunatally you lost the grip of your gun, it scattered away.

You grunt, gritting your teeth, stubborn to not show any weakness. His knife forced even deeper in your palm. He was on top of you, gaving him the upper hand, but not today you refused to die. He tried to apply more pressure and force the knife in your throat, but you didn't let him and force back. You didn't even want to talk about how much it hurted. How much it damaged your ego. He only pressure one hand to cause you to fall? Only in one move? While you were trying to push him with both hands? You can't let this happen. You didn't care about the blood flowing from your hand to your chest. Neither of you took your eyes off each other even for a second. Yours full of venom. And his... had something you can't quite put your finger on. You didn't cared at the moment anyway.

He raised the knife in his other hand and tried to stab you once again head again. Is all the assassins this stubborn to kill? You blocked it with your other hand, you held it in a scream. Blood was flowing from both of your hands and to the ground, his bloody knives almost pressing on your skin. You were pushing him with all the energy you could muster, but you were losing. In that moment his knifes pressed dangeriously close to your skin, hou saw something in his eyes, it flashed only for a second. Sadness? Sympathy? Regret? You didn't know, but it left as quickly as it came.