CH: 1

ishan just loves to see shubman get offended over twitter trends. sometimes it's people making memes out of his 'caught off-guard' photos ("this is the worst angle they could get", he'd say. or, "it's the lighting"). other times, it's people pairing him up with 'alleged girlfriends' of his ("i don't have even one, they really overestimate me").

shubman scrunches up his nose in disapproval. "nope, this has got to be the worst one till date."

ishan scoffs. "what, are you so disturbed about the idea of us dating?"

shubman rolls his eyes. "i don't like the idea of people thinking you're the dominant type. they really overestimate a gremlin."

ishan throws a light punch at his friend. "im big where it matters."

shubman ignores him and just continues scrolling, looking through their trending hashtag.

"oh, this is actually cute. im gonna save it."

it’s a picture of shubman’s hands cupping ishan’s face, cradling it for a few seconds before ishan smacked him away.

ishan hums in silent agreement. "aditi sent this to me a while back."

"is she jealous?" shubman grins. "tell her not to be, i'll share you with her."

ishan lets out an amused huff. "the way things are, i doubt you'll have to share at all."

"tell me she ghosted you?" shubman wheezes.

"you're hilarious, but no."

ishan seemed to be involved with this girl called aditi. it's a 'no strings attached' kind of deal from what shubman understood.

"well," ishan adds. "not yet anyway. it's not like im anymore interested in relationships than her. casual is okay."

shubman shrugs. "as long as your dick is happy, my man."

ishan rolls his eyes. "what about you? you look like you've got laid a few times these few months."

"how does one look like that, god. yeah, well. there have been a few...rendezvous."

ishan perks up with more questions. "what about sara? are things serious?"

shubman laughs. "not really. the media really ate that up. we're definitely good friends but i'll have to wait and see where this goes."

"uh huh. i guess it's giving her the publicity too."

"yeah! you heard the chants in the matches, right? man, that was embarrassing. thank god sachin sir wasn't there."

ishan laughs. "worried about sasurji?"

shubman sighs. "i feel guilty about having dating rumours with his daughter of all people."

"chill, he won't be complaining when she's finally in the limelight."

shubman scoffs, reaching for a chip from the snack bag.

his phone flashes a text from hardik.

"your party is in an hour. don't forget."

ishan leans in to get a look. "why are we being forced to go again?"

shubman shrugs. "virat bhai will be out on a date and rohit bhai's probably sleeping. everyone else probably has plans too or just couldn't care less. siraj bhai and surya bhai may show up late, i think, just for the food."

"as long as i get free booze, man."

"don't you think it's boring without a lover? i mean, booze is bae but i'd like a babe too," shubman says with a dramatic sigh.