ending notes

time for some thank yous and goodbyes :)

obviously i’d like to thank you all for being such lovely readers throughout the story. you guys were the push i needed to continue writing! honestly i never thought i had it in me to complete a story. and the comments were so funny and interesting omg, it’d have been fun to have you guys as friends heh.

i think i lost track of the original plot along the way haha. the plan was to add way more angst and fucking around, petty revenges on each other by dating other people, etc etc. but look at ishman, look at them. how could i have made them do it, they’re too adorable. so whipped for each other irl too. can’t tell me shubman isn’t head over heels for ishan. does anyone notice the way he looks at him??? girl bye. men be like “i’m fighting demons” and the demon is bisexuality smh.

anyway, this has been a romcom to write. maybe little more on the com part. but hey, that’s my style, i guess. when it comes to writing, i think it’s each to their own. i know i lack in quite a many areas and the story is nowhere near to perfect really. but i did enjoy writing it a lot, and i’m glad to see y’all enjoyed reading it! what just started as a coping mechanism to deal with the wc loss and my academic stress, became my daily dose of validation lmao.

now, i really wanna know everyone’s favourite characters omg. who’s it for you?

for me, it’s obviously ishan (biased asf). but everyone has to agree that the man of the story is *drumroll*

surya bhai 🏆

bro ate and left no crumbs, slay. also he deserves a psychological compensation for what ishan and shubi put him through lol. i just loved writing his character! siraj was fun to write too.

to those who were asking about who’s top and who’s bottom, honestly it’s open to interpretation. i didn’t assign any roles while writing. as much as i’ve read probably hundreds of gay smut scenes, i don’t think i’d actually know how exactly queer relationships work. in this story, i’ve made shubman top but i don’t think that makes ishan a bottom. they’re versatile in my story amen. (lol who wants to see top ishan in the bonus chps?)

there have been loopholes along the story if you read it carefully but oh well. i wrote each chp at a time and posted it, not even cross-checked ugh. literally wrote it on my phone’s google docs rip. the first 8 chps are straight cringe bye. maybe it gets a little better from the 9th one. so if you ever recommend my ff to a friend, please tell them to be patient lol.

the theme of the story was honestly just like ishan being the sunshine and shubman being the midnight rain. but i think both of them kept exchanging the roles thought the story somehow. i guess that’s life.

initially, it’s like ishan is light and brightness and everything full of life shubman needs to pull him out of his darkness. but of course, his sun had his own eclipses too. they both need each other to live. truly yin and yang. their souls are made of the same stardust.

i could write a 10 page essay about ishan being the sun shubman flying to him like icarus, but well. that’s for another story.

i know i promised y’all bonus chps but guys, i’ll have to see when i can write. probably will take longer time because after all the consistent updates jyada creativity bachi nahi hai mujhme lol. also, i don’t think i’ll write another story until may or june. so maybe slower updates of the remaining bonus chps will do you some good :’)

i’m not sure how many of us (including me) will remain in the fandom until then. but one can hope! praying for the t20 wc to come home, and hoping for shubman and ishan to be in the squad at least. i doubt both of them will get to play though, neither might tbh. jo bhi ho, at this point, rohirat ko wc jeetne dedo yaar.

anyway, what do you guys think should be the theme of the next story?
i might go with another friends to lovers, with proper angst and lots of cliche drama lol. or enemies to lovers? what other tropes do y’all like?

i had a rough idea for enemies to lovers tbh. title would be- love at first wicket.

it would have a, um, little more sexually charged plot? kinda. okay, since i love you guys, i’ll give you a little teaser.

“your face is so punchable. fuck, i hate you so much,” he seethes, throwing his head back in a moan.

“you might want to say that again when my dick is not inside you.”

alriiiiiight then, until next time.