2. LET THE GAME BEGIN

Tribute from District 12 didn't foreshadow anything good. Especially when it was a female one. But while Y/N watched the reaping carefully she started to find hope again. Maybe Lucy was small and undernourished, but she had character. Not only her song but the act of bravery when she put the snake under her enemy dress. She was a warrior. Maybe not on the outside but definitely at heart. What seem as total failure at first might become Coriolanus biggest luck.

Coriolanus and Y/N were walking around Y/Ns family estate garden. It always seemed amazing to Coriolanus how beautiful Y/N house was. The building was whole white, decorated with marble sculptures and the garden was mostly planted with white roses, which also were Y/Ns favourite flowers.
- She has potencial - started Coriolanus - I just have no idea how to use it
- You need to gain her trust - Coriolanus looked at Y/N puzzled - Put yourself in her shoes. She was betrayed by her friend, chosen to fight to death in unfamiliar place for fun of some strange people. She must be terrified. She needs somebody that she thinks still care for her and wants her best. And who could that be if not her mentor?
- You are a genius, Y/N - said Coriolanus happily, hugging her
Y/N smiled and hugged him too. After a moment Coriolanus calmed down and came back into his old, typical distant and calm behavior.
- I think I'm gonna welcome her as soon as she come to the Capitol - claimed the boy
- Maybe give her something - suggested Y/N, looking around - Like a rose. Girls really fall for that

Coriolanus was standing on the some, dirty and old train platform waiting for the tributes to come. Finally the train came. He corrected his school uniform and looked around carefully, trying to find Lucy Gray. He saw her with a muscular, teenage boy, probably from her district. He walked up to her and gave her the rose.
- Welcome to the Capitol - he said
- You look like you shouldn't be here - answered Lucy
- I shouldn't but I'm your mentor
- A rebel. And what does my mentor do beside bringing me roses
- I do my best to take care of you
Lucy looked back and saw two peacekeepers tossing two straved children onto the platform.
- Well good luck gorgouse - said and run up to her district comrade Jessup
She don't trust me - thought Coriolanus
- Excuse me, I would like to acompany my tribute - he said to one of the Peacekeepers, but was ignored
Then he saw his chance. While tributes were places into some old truck, one of them tried to escape, making all Peacekeepers run after him. Probably Y/N would say that is a stupid idea but he had to take risk. He run into the truck.

Y/N was casually sitting on the bench in front of high school, wondering what is taking Coriolanus so long. It was uncommon for him to be late, especially to school. That's when she heard fuss coming from open windows of cantine. She quickly entered the bulding to see what's going on. Her eyes met Livia Cardew. She run up to her and asked
- Is there anything special going on?
- Don't you know? - answered Livia - Coriolanus is in the tributes cage in the ZOO, breaking all the safety procedure
Y/Ns face went pale. What was happening to him. He never acted so irresonable. She went to the main hall to see the TV live interview. What she saw almost scared her to death. She told him to gain her hope but not to discredited himself. He was standing in the cage, holding hands with Lucy Gray taking with some Capitol children. That was definitely not Coriolanus Snow thing to do.