8. DISTRIC 12 - MINING

It was late at night when Coriolanus Snow wasn't still asleep. He was sitting on his bed looking at his little medalion. He almost forgot about it existence during past few days. He opened it. Inside he found a picture of a beautiful, maybe 16 years old Y/N. She was smiling brightly, her eyes shining happily. She wasn't wearing too much make-up, her hair pull up in a braid. Nothing too much Capitol - crazy. She gave him the medalion for his 15 birthday. He put the picture inside himself. How long was it since they last talked. He was always there for him. She always supported him and believed in him. He felt like without her his part was missing - his ractional part. How did it even happen? Week ago he was enjoying his Capitol life with Y/N and now he was a poor cadet in District 12. What would his parents think about it? He knew. They wouls be really disappointed. Then another question poped in his head. How was Y/N doing? What was happening in her life? Was she fine? Would she make it to university? He felt bad. He felt bad about not talking to her. He left her alone, ignored her while she was always there for him. She stayed loyal to him until the very end. He put the medialon back on his neck.

At the same Capitol train reached it to the last station - District 12. Only one person stepped out from first class - young, capitol girl - Y/N L/N. She put a disguised look on her face, smelling all the odor of fuels and smog. District 12 really was the end of the world. She suck it out and lead to the mayor house. After all it was for higher good. And she wasn't just some capitol citizen. She was definitely more then that.

Next morning Y/N was eating breakfast with mayor family. It wasn't the breakfast she got used to in Capitol but it was the best thing ahe could get there.
- Once again, thank you so much for letting me stay here - she said, faking a smile
- Oh it's no problem - said mayor - We are honored to regale someone from Capitol in our house
- Do you have any plans for today? - asked mayor wife
- Oh, I was thinking about just walking around the District to see what's going on around - answered Y/N - I was wondering, would anyone of you mind showing me around? Mayfair maybe?
Mayor daughter looked at her with concern. She felt deep inside that her visit wasn't just traveling as she claimed to. Capitol citizens didn't just travel to places like District 12.
- Sure - Mayfair said - With pleasure

Mayfair and Y/N were walking through District 12 streets, which were pretty empty, because most of people were in mines working.
- I saw you on the reaping ceremony - Y/N started - What did you do to have Lucy Gray hate you?
- Let's just say I stole her boyfriend from her - Mayfair answered - Why are you here?