10. THEY SAY HE MURDERED THREE

- Private Snow - said Capitan - Sit down
Coriolanus was truly terrified. Maybe they found Spruce? Why Capitan wanted to talk to him in private? Maybe they found the guns? Maybe Spruce told them about his participation?
- There was a young, beautiful Capitol girl in here yesterday - the men continued - We had a lovely chat. She told me you are general Crassus Snow boy. I looked at your results. They are really astonishing
- Well - answered Coriolanus - Half of the recruites can't even read
- Tell me, Private Snow - Capitan looked Coriolanus in the eyes - Why did you end up here?
- I have an enemy - said the boy - In Capitol
- That is exactly what the young lady told me - Capitan looked for something in his file - I made a career destroing my enemies plans. I'm sending you for Officers training to two. Behave well and you will never see twelve again
Capitan gave Coriolanus the allocation.
- Is there a problem, Private? - asked the men - It is an order, not an option
- No, sir - Coriolanus grabbed the paper and walked out from the room
He looked at it, his eyes shining with happiness. He find a way out from this. Maybe he would even come back to Capitol. Suddenly he remembered Capitans words - "young, beautiful Capitol girl". It was Y/N who talked with the Capitan. She told him about his father. She was the one that gave him this hope. Once again he felt bad about himself. She again proved that she cares about him not wanting anything in return. Not only did she came to twelve to check up on him, but helped him get out from here. After he left her with no explanation. After he didn't even write her a letter. Maybe the love he searched for in Lucy Gray was always there with him, in Capitol.

Coriolanus was at the patrol with other recruites when he heard a whistle. He knew. It was Lucy Gray. He turned around and walked to her, into dark space between buildings.
- I need to run away - she said - From twelve. From Panem. Where Billy Taupe and the others wanted. Mayor knows about my and Mayfair beef. I'm the first suspect. Just wanted to say goodbye
Coriolanus looked at her with mixed emotions - sadness, scare and curious.
- What about the Covey? - he asked
- They can take care of each other - Lucy answered - And I know they will join me one day
Coriolanus was battling inside him. He remembered about Y/N, but he still hadma strong feelings for Lucy. Should he stay? Should he go? What if they would find the guns one day? They would hang him no matter which district he would be in.
- I will go with you - he looked Lucy in the eyes - I was supossed to go for Officer training to two, but it doesn't matter now. Where can you go?
- Tommorow. First sun. Next to the hanging tree

When Coriolanus came back to the barracks, all recruites were called to assist in execution. They said they found a rebels. Coriolanus tried to find Sejanus, but he couldn't. He wanted to talk to him about his escaping with Lucy Gray. He decided they would talk after the whole thing.
Coriolanus found Spruce and his sister, standing by the Hanging Tree. His heart almost stopped betting, as he remembered the Jabberjay he send to Dr Gaul. Could it be? He immediatly regreted what he had done.
- We found that those rebbels were conspiring - the Capitan started his speech - I would suspect such a thing from people like them, but not from one of mine soldiers. Bring him in!
Coriolanus froze. It was him. He heard Sejanus screaming for his mum to help. He remembered their conversation. He killed Sejanus. His one and only best friend. His screams continued, as they were copied by Jaberjays. But in Coriolanus head they will last much longer.

When Coriolanus came back to barracks, he started crying. He could forgive himself. What was he thinking? Why did he? He looked inside Sejanus personal things and found their picture together. He cried even more, punching the floor. He should have listen to Y/N. She would have helped him to find other source of money to go to University. He would be living with Tigirs and Grandma. He would finish with the best degree. Would marry Y/N sooner or later. She would be a perfect wife after all. And a perfect first lady. And Sejanus would still be alive.