4. THE BALLAD OF LUCY GRAY BIRD

Y/N was terrified when she got Tigirs call. In the morning she was wishing Coriolanus luck with inspecting the arena and hour later she learns that he was injured in rebel attack. Now she was sitting by his side, while he was leaning unconscious on the hospital bed, next to Tigirs who was cring. Suddenly Sejanus entered the room.
- He menaged to escape - he said - Marcus. Peacekeepers are searching for him on the streets. He has a chance to live
Y/N lost her temper.
- Is this really what you care the most about now?! - she shouted - Your friend almost died and you still think about this old district friend of yours?! Open your eyes Sejanus! It's clear who is the villan there. It wasn't Capitol that bombed the arena! It wasn't Capitol that started a war!
She had to stop since they all heard a sound of bed crackle. They turned around to see Coriolanus waking up. Y/N grabbed his hand and kissed it.
- Corio - she said as tears left her eyes - How are you feeling?
- Fine - he answered - Lucy? What about her? Is she alive?
- She is - said Tigris - They cought her in the arena. She didn't try to escape
- He saved me - said Coriolanus - She helped me, even if she didn't have any interest in it
- Of course she did - said Y/N - who would have helped her during the games, if you would die?
Coriolanus didn't react to that, since they all turned to TV at the moment. There were interviews going on and it was Lucys turn. She sang some song, smiling and playing guitar. Coriolanus stand up and went closer to the screen. Y/N looked at him, seeing his eyes mesmerized at singing girl. Lucy Gray did not only managed to wrap whole Capitol around her little finger. She managed to do it with Coriolanus.

Later that night Y/N acompanied Coriolanus to travel across the bombed arena. She didn't really know why she agried.
- You know, it's not safe to rummage here - she said - It can colapse any minute
- I know, it's just - started Coriolanus - I need to find her a place to hide. Now there are a lot of corridors to run to and wait
- I don't really get it why you care about her so much - Y/N leaned her back to the wall - You already did a good show. The prize is definitely yours. Why are doing it all?
- I don't like doing things at half throttle - Coriolanus answered, taking Y/N cheek in his hand - I'm a perfectionist. Need to do every thing possible to guarantee myself the prize. You understand me, right?
Y/N nood.
- It's late - said the boy - Go home, take some sleep. I will come for you tomorrow, so we can go to the games together

Y/N thought a lot at her during her trip back home. She didn't understand Coriolanus motivations for Lucy at all. But she trusted him. She trusted that everything he was doing is for his future success.