Chapter 5: Lonely City Boy Needs A New Friend

SAND

On my days off, I often drive to the nearest town for groceries and supplies. Alternatively, I relish wandering around the surrounding area, reveling in the solitude.

Today, the noon sun blazed fiercely. Considering a swim to cool off, I headed to the waterfall, just a short distance from my hut.

As I approached, I began to hear sorrowful sobs echoing through the air—anguish-filled, akin to a wailing child.

Frozen in place, I noticed that the crying figure was Longtae, engulfed in heart-wrenching sobs.

His tear-stricken state conflicted my heart. I'd only ever witnessed his sweet smile vanish today; otherwise, he was always cheerful and affectionate. From the medical clinic where I worked, I'd often spotted him, going about his day—assisting villagers, accompanying Tian, walking with Rang, and sitting beside his father. He was always adorned with those blindingly bright smiles.

I pondered intruding upon this moment, realizing he might have chosen this secluded spot precisely to conceal his grief. Was this why he was at the cliff?

Yet, he never returned there after that night. At times, I waited, hoping to see his cheerful face reappear through the clearing.

As I turned to leave, something caught my eye: Longtae had submerged himself in the water. Observing closely, he seemed to remain submerged without surfacing for air. Realizing something was amiss, I dashed towards the water.

Fear gripped me as haunting memories of Ray resurfaced. Oh God.

Pulling Longtae out of the water, he sputtered upon surfacing.

"What the hell, Longtae! Are you trying to kill yourself?" I couldn't help but yell.

Shaken by fear, my first instinct was to envelop the weeping boy in my arms. How many times had I wished I could have done this for Ray? I couldn't forgive myself if I failed to save Longtae, who had evidently masterfully masked his pain behind that charming smile. Is Longtae not so different from Ray after all? Longtae masked his pain with blindingly bright smiles, whereas Ray masked his behind that confident, cocky persona.

Before I could control myself, I found my face drawn to his, capturing his lips. His initial surprise stiffened him momentarily, but he soon yielded, and I sighed in relief, deepening the kiss.

Longtae's kiss was warm and tender. His lips felt soft, almost silken and plush against mine. With a sigh, I threaded my fingers into his hair, pressing deeper into his parted lips, allowing my tongue to explore.

Starting as a gentle exchange, the kiss evolved into a slow, fiery passion. As my hands found their way to the back of his head, drawing him closer, his grip tightened on my shirt collar.

The contrast to Ray's fiery, hungry kisses was evident, yet this was no less consuming, no less soul-stirring. If Ray's kisses are like fire burning my skin, Longtae's are warm and feels a lot like coming home to warm, home cooked meals. For the first time in four years, I kissed someone without guilt, allowing myself to be present in the moment. Letting myself revel in the gentle hum of electricity coursing through my veins as I held Longtae in my arms.

I desired to infuse life into this fragile boy, share whatever strength lay within me. I wanted him to desire life in my embrace—yielding, accepting, and sensually reciprocating the kiss. I yearned for him to feel the emotions stirring within me that I thought had gone forever with Ray, but Longtae was slowly rekindling.

I felt butterflies flutter in my stomach and warmth seep into my heart, sensations long forgotten.

As we paused to catch our breath, I peppered soft and feather-light kisses all over his face.