~8~

Maya Jackson

Time flies by. It's a week before Christmas and I've been rushing to get everything ready. I invited everyone over for lunch on the 24th. It's the only day that a majority of us had off.

I was also buying everyone's gifts and wrapping them. I'm the world's worst present wrapper. The paper was crinkled and there was a lot of tape holding the edges together but it works.

We were all also planning on playing dirty Santa, we all had our person we had to buy for. I got Nolan. I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to buy for him. So I ended up in the liquor store, and bought him a bottle of bourbon.

The only reason I knew he liked bourbon was because I called Ben and asked him what liquor Nolan liked.

I'm honestly scared to know who got me, it could be anyone and I know half of them would buy me something embarrassing that I wouldn't be able to escape for all of eternity. I knew they loved pranks and they never let things down especially if they are embarrassing.

I sit down on my couch with a glass of wine, watching Christmas movies when all of a sudden I hear my door bell ring.

I check my cameras and see that it's Tim.
Well this is a shocker?

I go to my front door, unlocking it and opening it up.

"Hey Maya." He smiled at me nervously.
I noticed he was holding a bouquet of sunflowers. My favorite flowers.

"Hey Tim? What are you doing here?" I smiled back, leaning against my door frame.

"Well I came to bring you flowers, I knew that sunflowers were your favorite so I made sure to ask her to grab me her prettiest ones." He seemed extremely nervous, this was unlike Tim.

"Well, come in." I smiled before moving to let him inside.

Tim Bradford

I have only been able to think about Maya.
She plagues my mind 24/7.

I walked into the mall, buying Christmas presents for everyone. Maya has a party planned for the 24th so I tried getting everyone something they'd like.

We are also playing dirty Santa, which for the record I have no clue what it even is. But I got Maya as my person to buy for.

She has made it extremely difficult to know what to buy her, she never talks about her interests. All I know is her favorite flowers and color.

Normally I'm great at figuring out what people like but with her it's a mystery. I honestly think she does it on purpose.

I have quizzed her for the past month to figure out what she likes but she always seems to change the topic.

I pass this flower shop and I see the most beautiful sunflowers ever. they reminded
Me of Maya. Everything reminds me of Maya, the smell of honey and lavender. The sky. It's always the little things. She's the only thing I can think about, she crowds my thoughts.

I walk into the flower shop and buy a bouquet of sunflowers. I'm not too sure why I'm buying her flowers but I somehow have to get them to her soon or they will end up withering away.

So I decided to just show up at her house with this bouquet of sunflowers. I rang her doorbell and got no answers, so I rang the door bell again, this time Maya opened the door. The way she was leaning against the doorway really did a number on me. How is she so gorgeous.

She lets me in, I hand her the flowers and we both sit down on her couch.

"So what's with the flowers" her soft voice muttered.

"I was Christmas shopping at the mall and I saw the sunflowers. They reminded me of you so I decided to buy them for you.

~~~~~~~~