03- Reaping What You Sow

'The Domino Effect of Choices'

Tiffany Suzanne Holland

I went back to that mansion with Joen. Though it went against my will, I needed to confront that Aizenberg. Isa syang sumpa, clinging onto my very being, haunting me for the rest of my life. I no longer find any amusement in that Killer. Para syang octopus with its countless tentacles, capable of wreaking havoc in so many ways.

As we were in the car, I couldn't help but sigh heavily. I reached for the water and my medication for my panic attack that I brought with me. I needed to gather my courage and not let my fear overpower me, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to protect my friends.

"Tiff, bakit ganon yung Mama mo? She speaks to you so harshly." Joen said.

"That's just how she is... I guess you're not used to it yet."

"No, it's not right. She's really harsh towards you. Is it even fair for a mother to tell her child that they should give up your life just to bring back the job of your sister Aira? Tama ba yun? Mas importante pa sa kanya yung trabaho ng Ate Aira mo kaysa sa buhay mo?"

"Well, she's putting all her hopes on Ate Aira to lift us out of poverty... it's like you don't understand that."

"Kahit na, your mom is really harsh. The way she speaks, it's as if you're not her own child." Naiismid na saad nya muli.

Napatikhim nalang ako at hindi na nagsalita. I glanced at the rearview mirror and noticed Attorney Montemayor looking at me. Nakasakay kasi kami si car ni Attorney Montemayor. Habang nakasunod kami sa police car na nauuna saamin.

Nang makarating kami sa mansion, nagulat ako dahil may mga sasakyan na nakapark sa labas. I suddenly felt a wave of anxiety for the safety of my friends. Just as we were about to enter the mansion, three men emerged, carrying a body bag. 'What the heck!' Has she killed someone again?

Hinawakan ko ang kamay ni Joen saka ko sya hinila papasok sa loob ng mansion. Agad kong nakita si Aizenberg na nakaupo sa couch habang may hawak itong wine glass at baril.

"I'm waiting for you.."Saad nya saka sya ngumisi.

My hands tightened into fists as I swiftly closed the distance between us, intended to deliver a resounding slap on her face. However, before I could reach her. The sound of laughter reverberated through the mansion, momentarily, I diverting my attention towards the kitchen. As I hesitated and contemplating my next move, a gentle yet firm grip seized my arm, causing me to halt in my tracks and return my gaze intently at the person who had stopped me.

"Go ahead, dare to escape from me again, and you'll regret the consequences of my next move." She said, gripping my arm tightly. She sounds like a threat.

I pulled my hand away, causing her to release her grip on me. I quickly turned my focus to my friend, saka ko ni'istruct si Joen na samahan ako sa kitchen. Pagtingin namin sa kitchen, ganon nalang ang saya ko nang makita ko ang mga kaibigan ko na kompleto pa, walang galos at walang dugo. Thank goodness! I'm relief na makita ko silang lahat na nasa maayos na kalagayan at humihinga pa.

"Guys, umuwi na tayo. Tara na!" Pagyaya ko sa kanila.

"Mamaya na kami uuwi, mag v'vlog pa kami mamayang gabi. Pumayag kasi si Doc Aizenberg na mag-vlog kami dito."