08- The Triad Guests

'Veiled Identities'

Tiffany Suzanne Holland

As I ventured through the dimly lit surroundings of fourth floor. I noticed the window at the end of hallway are tightly sealed, it prevented any natural light from seeping in.

The only solace came from a solitary lightbulb flickering in the hallway, casting long shadows on the walls. With each step I took, I could feel a sense of trepidation growing within me. The silence was deafening, only the sound of my own footsteps echoing through the corridor.

As I reached the first door, my hand instinctively reached for the doorknob, sinubukan ko itong buksan pero locked.

As I approached each subsequent doors. Lahat ito ay nakalock. Napangisi tuloy ako, dahil buong akala ko ay may madidiscover ako na nakatagong aliens dito. Wala naman pala.

Just as I was about to give in sa pagiging tsimosa ko, when a faint sound caught my attention. It was a voice, muffled yet distinct, emanating from behind one of the closed doors. Curiosity got me better again, so I decided to urge investigate.

"Hello? Is there anyone here?" I called out, my voice filled with a mixture of apprehension and curiosity. Leaning closer to one of the door, I strained my ears, hoping to catch any response from the mysterious presence within.

"Patakasin mo ako.."

"W-what?" Naguguluhan man pero malinaw saakin na tao nga ang nasa loob ng room na ito. Pinihit ko ang doorknob pero lock ito.

"Sandali, hahanapin ko yung susi." Sagot ko. Pero hindi na sya muling nag-salita.

As I turned around to get the keys, I suddenly froze. Aizenberg was standing behind me.

"A-Aizenberg..."

Without saying a word, she grabbed my hand and pulled me down to the third floor. Pumasok kami sa isang room at saka nya sinarado ang pinto bago sya nagsalita.

"What the heck are you doing there? Didn't you remember the rules of this mansion? No one is allowed to go there!"

"What is that? Anong meron sa mansion na ito? Who are you really, Aizenberg? I don't understand. It seems like everyone knows something, except me..."

"Just follow me, Tiffany. You won't hear anything, you don't know anything. Do you understand?"

"What?! Alam mo impossible yan sinasabi mo Aizenberg. Ginawa mo akong butler sa mansion na ito tapos gusto mo na wala akong malalaman?"

"Once you get to know me, my family, my life.. you won't be able to leave. You'll be stuck in this mansion until your death, just like what happened to me."

I smirked and shook my head at the words she was saying.

"Aizenberg, tingin mo hindi pa ba? Diba binigyan mo ako ng kontrata na walang ending? Yes, I may be young, but I'm not stupid."

"You don't work in this mansion, you work for me. Your contract is different from the others... you're attached to me, not to this dark mansion. So listen to what I'm saying. Ako lang ang dapat mong sundin.

Binitawan nya ang pagkakahawak nya sa kamay ko at saka umalis. Naiwan ako dito na mag-isa. Wala parin akong nakuhang sagot sa mga tanong na gumugulo sa isip ko.