11- The Treacherous Verity

''Navigating the waters of treacherous verity, one must tread carefully, for the currents of deception run deep."

Tiffany Suzanne Holland

My tears flowed relentlessly, and my entire body trembled as I clutched my cellphone. Ate Aira had replied to my Instagram DM, and her words shattered my heart.

She told me not to bother looking for them anymore, as they were happy without me. To make matters worse, pinagtawanan lang nya ako nang sinabi ko ang kalungkutan at pagtatampo ko sa kanila.

Hindi ko maiwasan ang makaramdam ng pagtatampo sa mga magulang ko dahil sa pang-iiwan nila saakin, and I couldn't shake the suspicion na plinano talaga nila ito na ibigay ako kay Aizenberg.

It suddenly made sense why they wanted me to stay with Tita Tessy before. Dahil ayaw na nila ako maging parte pa ng pamilya nila. Napahagulgol ako sa pag-iyak saka ko hinahis ang cellphone ko pader dahilan para mabasag at masira ito.

Tremors coursed through my entire body, and my chest constricted, made me difficult to breathe.

This couldn't be happening again... the panic attack had taken hold. With painstaking effort, I mustered my strength to move my body and retrieve my medication from the nearby bedside table.

As I reached for the drawer pulls, I willed myself to open it, my hands trembling, and hastily consumed the much-needed remedy. I laid myself down on the bed, hoping to find some semblance of calm amidst the storm within.

While I was resting, the door to my room creaked open. I squinted at Aizenberg's face emerging from the darkness of the room. She turned on the light and slowly approached me.

"I know you're sad... gusto mo ba na sumama saamin? Lance Corporal Jane is worried about you. She said you should come with us tonight to help ease your sadness."

I shook my head and clutched my pillow tightly. Aizenberg, however, held my pillow and took it away from me, causing me to sit up and try to reclaim it from her.

"Bumangon ka na dyan dali, sumama ka saamin."Pangungulit nya.

"Ayoko.. malungkot ako at gusto ko mapag-isa."

"Edi sumama ka lang saamin tapos kukuhaan kita ng sarili mong space. Kaysa mag-kulong ka dito."

"Bakit ba ang kulit mo Aizenberg? Ayoko nga!" Asik ko.

"Dalian mo na.." pagpupumilit nya.

Aizenberg firmly grasped my hand and gently pulled me out of bed. Despite my heavy heart, I reluctantly decided to go along with her suggestion.

I quickly made my way to the bathroom, and took a soothing shower to relax my body.

After ko magshower, sinuot ko na ang damit ko, a pair of comfortable yet stylish ripped jeans and a trendy crop top to wear. I also applied a swipe of my favorite rosy pink lipstick, to help mask the pallor of my complexion.

After I fixed myself, I emerged from the bathroom, and I saw Aizenberg seated on the couch, my broken cellphone laid out before her.

"Why did you broke your phone?" She asked with concern.

"I don't know," I replied with a heavy sigh. "In the midst of my overwhelming emotions, I impulsively threw it away. Ate Aira messaged me, she told me na wag na daw ako magpakita pa sa kanila, as she claimed her family is happier without me."patuloy ko, Para tuloy akong bata na nagsusumbong sa kanya.