04- Boundless Incarceration

'Delving into Open Prison Philosophy'

Tiffany Suzanne Holland

Aizenberg storms inside the Aizenberg mansion. I meet her gaze, my tear-filled eyes locking with hers. The knife digs deeper into my neck, piercing through the skin, and a surge of crimson blood begins to flow from the wound. The warm, viscous liquid stains my white t-shirt, leaving a vivid marks of blood.

"Drop your weapon," Aizenberg commanded, her voice filled with determination as she tried to persuade the man to release me.

"Pinatay mo ang Kuya ko!" Sigaw ng Lalake. With a menacing gesture, he lifted the knife to my cheek, its sharpness catching the reflection of light, making its gleam even more pronounced.

The overwhelming fear that consumed me begged for tears to stream down my face, yet, inexplicably, I found myself paralyzed, unable to release the cries that were trapped within me.

"I will give you anything you want, a substantial sum of money. Just spare her life " Aizenberg implored, her voice filled with urgency. "She is innocent, unaware of any involvement. Please, do not harm her."

No matter what Aizenberg says, it seems like the man doesn't want to listen anymore. He appears determined to end my life.

I know that it's not money that this person needs, but justice for his brother. I may not know the reason behind his brother's death, but I hope he doesn't waste his own life bu taking justice in his own hand. Yes, he can kill me, pero sigurado akong hindi sya makakalabas sa mansion na ito nang buhay.

Narinig ko ang pag'iyak nang lalake, habang may tinatawag syang pangalan. My heart is filled with a blend of pitiness and fear for him and the safety of my own life.

"Freeze!"

I hear another voice coming from behind. If I'm not mistaken, that voice belongs to Police Captain Lèandre.

"Drop your weapon, kundi hindi ako mag-aalinlangan na iputok itong baril sa ulo mo." Mahina but clear command from Police captain Lèandre.

Naramdaman ko ang unti-unting pagluwag ng pagkakahawak ng lalake saakin. "Patawad iha.." bulong ng lalake bago nya ako tinulak palayo dahilan nang pagkasubsob ko sa sahig. Agad naman na lumapit saakin si Aizenberg at Knox para alalayan ako.

"Are you okay?" Aizenberg asked as she looked at me and gently touched onto my neck.

She closed her eyes and stood up, retrieving the gun from her side saka nya ito itinutok sa lalake. I quickly stood up to intervene and prevent to harm the man. Deep down, I knew that man wasn't that bad person, I felt it. Aizenberg glanced at me, then turned around and walked away.

"Arrest that man up, and make sure I never see his face again." She commanded.

She went upstairs, leaving us. When the police arrived, Police Captain Lèandre handed the man over to the other officers.

Silence filled the surroundings of the mansion. Knox and I went back inside the room, para balikan ang mga kaibigan namin. They were already fast asleep. I asked Knox to accompany me to find Aizenberg and para sana magpaalam bago kami umuwi ng bahay. However, before we could even reach the staircase, nakasalubong namin si Attorney Montemayor. She informed us that they would be giving us a ride back to our respective homes. I just nodded, and we quietly went back to the room to wake up our friends.