[Season 2] Part 4 - New Moon

Don't know why I tried

'Cause ain't nobody like you

Familiar disappointment every single time I do

Every single night my arms are not around you

My mind's still wrapped around you

When You're Ready - Shawn Mendes

***

[Termas de Río Hondo' Autódromo Circuit - ARGENTINA]

MIA POV -

Something hit my window. The sound was like a pebble that was deliberately thrown by someone. Whatever it was, what was clear was that the sound succeeded in attracting my attention. I shuffled toward the tall window and saw a man there.

"Hi," he said.

"The door is over there, Vin."

Vinales was standing in front of my window with several pebbles in his hand. He wore a Yamaha-sponsored blue polo shirt. His black hair was left open without a hat.

"I'm afraid somebody see me," he said, grimacing.

I smiled a little then immediately went out to meet him.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I think you need some fresh air," he said.

Oh.

I've broken up with Marc. That's why I thought he was here to cheer me up. Actually, it's a bit strange why she bothered to entertain me when Tyra herself didn't even care about Marc and I's story anymore.

Tyra---who has been spending more time with me lately, thinks nothing has happened. She meets all my needs, prepares everything I need before and after appearing in front of the camera and occasionally we go shopping for anything.

She treated me as usual---as if I hadn't fallen out of love. She never mentioned Marc at all, unless I started it. And I think, I'm happy to be treated like that. Although I don't think it was completely successful in diverting my attention, it was better than having to vent for hours discussing Marc and the reasons for our breakup.

However, I need friends. I have to go for a walk again. The more often, the better. Usually, after returning from the circuit, Tyra and I will go on a culinary tour to taste food that we have never tasted. I'll do that later. And now, instead of having my mind blank--because Tyra wasn't in my room either--she was busy with the TV crew discussing new programs, I decided to come with Vinales.

"Okay, I'll wash my face first," I said then was about to go inside again.

Suddenly he stopped me. "Mia!"

I turned my head. "Yes?"

"You still have my jacket?"

I nodded. "Still."

"Would you mind wearing it again?"

I thought for a moment, then smiled. "No," I answered. "I'll wear it. Wait a moment."

***

The air on Friday at 9 am in Argentina is very cool. Vinales took me to his garage and showed me two mountain bikes.

"You can ride a bike, right?" he asked. Without waiting for my answer, he got on the bicycle first.

I'm laughing. "Of course I can."

I followed him on another bicycle.

"We will walk around this circuit by bicycle," he said. "I hope that's okay with you."