[Season 1] Part 2 - Negative Thinking 3

MIA POV-

HIS motorbike arrived at the paddock, and I smiled at him. All the mechanics asked him about everything but he only replied, "Ok." and looked at me while walking towards me. Which is what Marc never did. Instead, Marc always talked to his team first, ignored me for half an hour and then just talked to me.

"Are you okay?" asked Vinales.

"Are you worried about me? Look at you, you just drove 300 km/hour and you're worried about the safety of others?" I said.

He laughed. "I'm so happy to be back here again. I was going so fast. Faster than before and now, I can see your smile. It's really a beautiful day."

I smiled again and then suddenly he touched my head while smiling at me.

My heart stop. Right there stop.

And I don't know why. But at the same time I couldn't help but turn around and look at the orange paddock next door, and I saw it!

I saw Marc standing there, staring at me and Vinales. But he just stared at both of us with cold faces and did nothing.

I don't know he can hear us or not, and why do I care too? I'm free now!

"Hey Vinales! You're amazing! You got the pole! So you can defeat it!"

That's Valentino Rossi.

Then they both laughed. Laugh for their victory because they can beat Marc. The only man I love on this planet. But our love is over now. So, I have no reason to defend him.

Like I used to do when Rossi was really angry with Marc, and he drove Marc away when Marc wanted to apologize. I came to his garage and spoke right on his face.

"If Marc has no respect for other racers, he will never want to come to your garage to apologize, you fool!"

And it turns out that now the man is standing beside me as my ally.

"Hey, Mia! Glad you're here! Vinales has a new motivation eh?" he said, mimicking Marc's distinctive accent. They both laughed again, and he left.

Vinales saw me who was just silent and didn't say anything. "Are you okay Mia? Do you want to go somewhere else with me?"

I heard what he said, but I still remained silent, and looked at Marc who was still looking at me too. I really have a bad feeling about this. About Marc, Vinales and Rossi. If I am right, then this will go as I thought.

I turned my gaze to Vinales and began to look at him, giving him a drink and wiping his sweat. He was shocked, but then he smiled at me. I can't smile. I hold my breath. Especially when everyone shouted.

"Stop Marc! Stop! Stop there! Stop!!"

And then,

BRUKKK !!!

Marc pushed Vinales away from me. He didn't give Vinales a blow, but he pulled me roughly into his paddock.

"Marc! What are you doing? Stop Marc! Let me go!"

***

―TO BE CONTINUED

RELEASED EVERY FRIDAY