[Season 2] Part 10 - The Note

There's no use, we were made to be

I know the truth, and it's much too late

Perfectly Wrong - Shawn Mendes

***

[CERVERA - SPAIN]

MARC POV -

The sound of the alarm disturbed my sleep. I opened my eyes slowly and rubbed my face. My whole body hurts. All the wedding preparations a few days ago made me tired. I prefer to spend hours with my team and my motorbike rather than having to worry about a wedding.

Last night's party also caused my eyes to be very sleepy now. Last night I had to go home late to Cervera. I remember, last night I took Mia to my house in Barcelona too. She was very drunk. I hope she is okay now.

After cleaning myself in the bathroom, I immediately joined Laia in the dining room.

"Where mother?" I asked.

Laia smiled while getting bread for me. "She was out with Alex earlier."

I just nodded.

Suddenly I heard a commotion in the living room. Not long after, someone familiar appeared in front of us.

That's Vinales.

I was shocked, but I remained sitting in the chair trying to control myself.

He glanced at both of us briefly. Then his eyes stopped for a long time looking at Laia.

"I want to talk to Marc alone," he said.

Laia rose from her seat. "If you want to talk to him about something, you can talk to me here too."

"Go, Laia. I don't want you to regret it," said Vinales again.

"I won't go," Laia answered curtly.

I got up from my seat too. "Never mind. What is this?"

Vinales turned to look at me.

"Well, if you really believe you won't regret it, look at this!"

He held up a silver ring with a blue sapphire shard in front of us. That's Mia's ring, a gift from Vin. That's their engagement ring.

"Mia left a letter beside me and a ring I gave her! What do you think that means?"

I was taken aback, I roughly grabbed the letter that Vinales was holding with his left hand.

"I'm sorry, Vin.
This time I'm really sorry.
I can't hurt anyone anymore including you, or Cristina. Or Laia, Paoli, or Marc.
This is all my fault.
I returned the ring as penance to you.
Cristina deserves you more, Vin. She is very worthy.
So please stop chasing fools like me who still love bastards like Marc.
You and Cristina deserve the happy life you planned before I came.
I will leave your and Marc's lives.
Again, I am sorry. And please, continue to be Marc's toughest competitor, because that's good for his spirit too :)
Look after yourself,
Mia."

"Mia left me again because of you, Marc!" he snapped.

My hands are shaking. "Where is she going?"

"How would I know! If I knew, I would have caught up with her!" Vinales answered. Then he squeezed me and pulled my shirt roughly. "I hate you so much, Marc! You bastard!" he shouted right in front of my face.

Vinales pushed me but didn't hit me in the face. Then he left us.

I'm still shaken. I couldn't lose Mia, or see her hurt. No longer.