Chapter 1

Charlotte up top ^^
_______________________________

( Charlotte's p.o.v )

"Mom really do I have to go to that dreaded place?" I asked angrily. Why now of all times?

"Yes you do, no more complaining Charlotte, you'll find a good life out there instead of here. Georgia was a great place to raise you, but now it's time to get you out there." My mother said with no room for anymore complaining.

My mother was always strict, ever since I've been a baby. My father died when I was only three, I will never know how he died though. With me being nineteen now my mother wanted me to go to New York to find a job and live out there. I didn't want to, I don't belong out there.

"Why of all times would you make me leave Georgia now?" I asked.

"This is what's best for you honey." My mother answered.

I sighed, of course she was avoiding my question.

"Mother, what are you hiding from me? We never discussed New York, ever. I was planning to go to California, and you know that. Why are you sending me away?" I said demanding the answer.

"Charlotte, I believe your old enough now to understand." My mother said.

Her voice held sadness within, there was something wrong. I knew Mew York is somewhere she would never send me. There was something happening, I was so confused. My mother sat me down on my bed and she sat next to me.

"Your father, he didn't die from natural causes. He was killed." My mother whispered.

"What? What do you mean he was killed?" I asked desperately.

"There are bad people out there Charlotte, where you would least expect them to be. That's why I need you to leave. The man who killed your father, I fear he is coming back. That's why I am sending you to New York. He won't find you there." My mother said.

Before I could interrupt, she continued.

"Once you leave this house you can not contact me again. If you do, he will find you. You have your whole life ahead of you. It is important that you leave now." She said standing up.

"Mother wait! I just can't leave you here!" I said. She only shook her head with a sad smile.

"Go Charlotte, New York is waiting for you." That was her only reply.

My mother handed me my keys and my bags before walking me to the door. She kissed my cheek sadly, but she smiled nonetheless.

"I love you Charlotte, be safe." She said.

"I love you too." I said. She shut the door on me and never felt sadder in my life. I walked over to my red Ford F-150 and threw my bags into the back.

I hopped in and started my long drive to New York. When I reach there I have no idea where I'm going to stay, I only have a thousand dollars on me. How am I going to do this? I can't possibly live out in New York. That man will find me, and I'll be fucked.

New York here I come.

_________________________________

This is just a little starting chapter, didn't want to give to much away. I hope you enjoy and I will try my best to keep updating. My other stories will also be getting an update. Thank you :)

~Countrtloveratheart