Chapter 3

"We're the Avengers."

I felt frozen as soon as the words left his mouth, what could the avengers want with me? I gulped as fear suddenly surrounded me once again, just because these people were supposed to be nice didn't mean I should trust them. I growled angrily, then slapped a hand over my mouth as I realized what I had done. What was wrong with me? Steve stared at me in awe, or should I say Captain America? He obviously knew something I didn't.

"You will be staying here with us, and you will not leave this tower without on of us. I'm afraid it's for your own protection." Steve stated with a stern face. I didn't want to listen to him, and something told me he knew that. I was going to have fun getting out of here and away from them all. I wasn't safe here, and gosh knows why they took me, or rather why Steve took me.

"Where's my truck?" I asked in a panic. Steve instantly ran over and kept me down onto the couch. His strength held me down easily, I couldn't put up a fight if I tried.

"You know, you totaled that truck in that accident you had." Tony spoke up from the couch next me. My heart sank while I remembered that fearful moment. Then the memory of waking up on an operating table, with Steve right beside me. I growled and snapped my teeth near Steve's arm in an animalistic way.

"What did you do to me on that operating table?" I said almost in a growl. Steve, reluctantly let go of m arms, and he almost looked sheepish.

"Due to the accident, you broke 5 ribs, and you a have a mild concussion." Steve said. I lifted my shirt up and Steve was right, most of my ribs were all wrapped up. The funny thing? I couldn't feel them.

"By the way, Charlotte, I'm getting your truck repaired. It'll be down in the garage when it gets finished." Tony said, and i felt relief wash over me in waves. After all, that is all I have left of my parents and my old life.

"May I go to bed please? I'm exhausted." I said yawning.

"Of course, come on I'll lead you to one of the spare bedrooms." Steve said before walking off. I quickly got up and followed after him. We walked down a long hallway until we reached a door at the end of the hallway.

He opened the door and I instantly ran in. I jumped on the bed and melted like a marshmallow over fore onto the mattress.

"Thanks, you can leave now. " I said rather rudely. I don't mean to be rude but would you he kind to the people who kidnapped you and we're pretty much holding you hostage? No I didn't think so.

I swore I heard Steve growl under his breath before he left the room. Typical guy I guess.

I let myself go into a restful sleep in actual peace.

***

Bright green eyes stared at me, almost captivating me with their presence. A man suddenly stepped out from the shadows, the mysterious green eyes belonged to him.

"I've been waiting to properly see you my dear" He said. His voice was smooth and drawled me in to him. Why was he waiting for me?

"Who are you? " I asked cautiously. Something deep in my mind was telling me to get away from him, telling me he brought nothing but pain and fear.

"You are special Charlotte, and I can't wait to have you by my side as we destroy every single one of them together. I growled at him, who the hell was he talking about?

"Whoever you are, I'll never work with you." I said with a growl.

"You will soon find out who you are, and you will realize you need me." He said with an evil smirk. All I could do was snarl in his direction as he walked closer to me.

"All in sweet time my dear." He whispered to me in my ear.

Then he was gone along with the rest of my dream.